Let's talk DIY lights

No long face. Sorry I’m old. I lol when I’m really actually laughing out loud. I was when I wrote you that smartass post. All is excellent my friend it was probably the best day I had since I was forced to quit work because of my back. You’ll have to read my journal on the other side to see why. I see all the reading and likes by most people stopped after my 2nd post. Knew they would. No one wants to sit and read grow journals anymore. I don’t blame them. They’ve read a bunch and know what the hell they’re doing. All is excellent my friend. Excellent.

2 Likes

I’m totally with you. Simultaneous grow journals. If we study each other’s grow we can all improve. We could become franchise consulting

1 Like

Those lights are out of my setup altogether @1BigFella As soon as I have time all 3 will be on Ebay for whatever the highest bid above $100. They are true 300 watt lights. Nothing but Growmau5 puck lights in the flower room and a new 4000k COB light in the veg room. Those Amazon lights don’t cut it with me and I wish I had not been so stubborn and listened to Rob in the first place and not bought lights that put off 2 much heat and don’t grow good weed as he told me in the beginning

Notice only an oscillating fan for the plants on the wall.
I had to use fans to keep the hot Chinese lights that had their own fans from overheating my rooms

2 Likes

Yeah boy buddy. You start the business and bring me in when I start posting pics of 1lb plants hahahaha

2 Likes

No problem

1 Like

We already have people all around the world
We can service any market
Literally. Our Network with friends will get us everyone we need

3 Likes

beautiful @southbound

1 Like

Thanks, replacing 2 Mars 300 lights

2 Likes

Awesome job!

Thanks, it was your help with the strips and driver that put it all together

Looks as though digikey and arrow will begin selling strips with 660nm reds added. They are warm white though. But I wonder how they will perform. 2.74 umol/j
Not sure about that huge blue spike too.

4 Likes

Seen those, looked like they were expecting sometime first quarter for sales. I’d probably try em.

4 Likes

How many QB288 V1 will a Mean Well HLG-240H-C1050A run?
To late I popped on 2 with the driver was $129. I already have 2 big lights I don’t use , not sure why I got this :money_mouth_face:

Do you have 288’s or 304 boards? The 1050ma current is usually sold with 304 boards and will run two of them at a little over 100 watts per board. If you indeed got two 288 boards and the hlg-240h-c1050 the driver probably won’t run them. The voltage on the 288 boards isn’t high enough to clear minimum required voltage for driver.

2 Likes

The driver was only $19.00. I just use it later
Thanks

On HLG website it said
" HLG-240H-C2100 with 2x QB 288 in series"

1 Like

The 2100ma driver will run two 288 boards no problem.

2 Likes

There’s is just a pile aluminum buried (channel,1.5" box) in the snow at work that’s calling my name. “wont make it the winter buried in the snow where heavy equipment is driving on it and no one will claim it”

4 Likes

Sweet! I’d grab extra for potential future endeavors if you can.

I was able to say " it will be a cool project . Only cost $125 for the fun of building it, but I really don’t have anywhere use it " I like the full spec lights in my baby plant tent and the lights in my flower tent killing it on only 28.8W per square foot.

1 Like