Let's talk DIY lights

Here’s the 4000k not sure how well that would flower though

SI-B8T261560WW

Digikey has the 3500 but a bit higher price
SI-B8U261560WW

2 Likes

4000k flowers just fine.

1 Like

Being double row do I need half as many as single row?

Depends on what light levels you’re targeting.

1 Like

Optimal levels. Lol. 13x4 area.

Generally speaking, yes you could use about half as many strips, but like @dbrn32 it would depend.
They are pretty much two single row strips stuck together.

1 Like

36 strips instead 48 maybe? For 3 4x4 grows

They’re about 2.5 umol/joule at 1050ma right?

@Newgrwr2018 you could take that info and run it backwards to estimate par levels. Looks like forward voltage around 23 volts at that current, so use something like a ppf of 58 umols per second per strip. 13x4 or 52 square feet = 4.83 square meters. To run a ppfd average of 800 umols/sm2 you need a ppf around 3864. Divide that by your 58, something like 66 strips.

That’s assuming the data I have on them is correct, and target ppfd is 800.

2 Likes

I think my original estimate was around 62-64 strips, then looking on Ledgardener strip builds for a 4x4 space he was doing 16 strips for a 4x4 section so I updated it to 48 for 3 4x3 sections.
Single row strips, but targeting ppfd would be a lot better way to calculate the light you need for sure.

2 Likes

Probably not a bad estimate really. Figure there’s an extra 4 square feet to my math, led gardener probably running cv full driver, and it’s not like you need that much light to grow dense nugs. About 50 would provide ppfd average of 600.

2 Likes

Ok so my first light is blue and white for seedlings to flower then flower turns red and purple. My new light is putting out blue and white and red. But works fine on flower. How much damage will the new light do to plants if used. Like it is for veg.

What do you mean damage? It shouldnt damage your plants at all… what kind of light are you currently using?
I would suggest using both your veg and bloom switches for veg and flower

2 Likes

Ok my marshydro 1st light has two stages grow and flower grow is white and blue adding flower light will change to red purple. My new light which I bought6 weeks apart grow stage has white blue and red but red purple on flower stage. It’s just running red with the blue white. I dont want to screw this grow up.

color of old light buy its self color of both on veg no red is suppost to come out

1 Like

Use them for both really. I thought the red triggers flowering. Which my plants just started veg.

No red doesnt trigger flowering. Your lighting schedule triggers flowering. Flowering plants will use the red spectrum a bit more, but they use light intensity more than that, since your plants are still early veg I would wait till they got a bit bigger.

2 Likes

To get bigger for what? The red to be used? That’s the issue I cant get red to shut off . And the fucking company wont awnser the phone or emails. I’ll send this shit back if I cant use it

Holy crap I fixed it who says a little frustrated yell and switching power chords and 90% of red came out.

Eventhough the pics dont look it

You dont need the red to shut off. Your light is fine as it is. Some mars hydro lights come with a veg switch and a bloom switch is what I was saying. Your plant still uses the reds during veg.

1 Like