Let's talk DIY lights

Don’t blame you there, that sucks! You mixed color temps on last one right? I don’t remember lol? Just wondering if you had something in mind there?

3000k and 3500k cause Cobby didn’t have enough 3000. I think it’s 6 of the 3000k and 2 3500. I’m wondering what you have in mind? I would rather build my own, but if HLG has a badass light that I couldn’t build cheaper or better, I’ll have to consider it. I have pretty good knowledge now on how to build the lights correctly but sad to say, I haven’t done near enough homework on the LEDs themselves. About all I really know is what colors are best for what stage the plant is in. Shame on me for that. I’m from engineering background and too lazy to do the reading up on it like I should.

2 Likes

Don’t sweat it. New light from hlg would be similar to what have done in past as far as build.

Whether or not it’s right option for you I’m not sure, but it’s an option. Maybe @TDubWilly can drop some puck pics for us, he just finished.

Those all have 660nm added, so they’re kind of their own color temp. But they are flower targeted light spectrum.

Photo credit there to @Aolelon

6 Likes

cool bcuz I have 6 more drivers that need leds!

1 Like

Yessir you got it @dbrn32

12 Likes

Thanks buddy!

1 Like

ohhh wow, @TDubWilly…you went and got some of grow mau’s pucks…awesome!

3 Likes

Yup, with the guidance of you know who :point_up:

3 Likes

I was originally gonna build one large light but opted to make two lights out of it @BIGE

4 Likes

this is good,you can move each one where you need it…
i used 1120mm strips and they work great,but if i had say two 560mm lights i would have more options…lol
i’m pleased though,i need to shuffle plants and get the two sized the same under it…

4 Likes

Show off! So you bought lights from one guru and another guru guided you through the process. Your namesake always went for the gusto. That’s why he was the greatest. I’m fixin to jump hard myself. Well done my friend. Now what to do with 3 Chinese lights.

3 Likes

Scroll up lol.

1 Like

I’ve been reading the other threads. It would be nice to do something with them but if I move the 2 dbrn32 lights from April to veg room, I’m pretty sure that’ll be more than I need for veg. I’d just modify and sell them I guess? Funny we have the same first name.
Rob S.

1 Like

My show off pose @OldSkunk

107081_1

3 Likes

I wish dude. I wish. I want to grow some of that 1 hit Texas funk skunk. Ain’t there yet.

2 Likes

Do you live in Texas BTW?

I’m just outside the San Antonio area

@OldSkunk

1 Like

Not real far away let’s just say. Little further north from you sort of. Just in case the Feds are looking I’d rather not say exactly.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t make it a priority if you don’t need them, but when you have some free time could be a little pet project modding the lights. You could play with different color temps or maybe see if drivers would fit some strip lights.

If you’re gonna sell them, I’d probably try to dump them just how they are.

3 Likes

Says 2700k on each bulb sorry I couldn’t answer bc the 24 hour rule I could only post so much

1 Like

Get yourself something in the 4000k to 6500k range for seedlings and vegging. It will help.