Let's talk DIY lights

thank you for the heads up.

Yes, I can solder wire measure and use a screwdriver. I used to be into modifying xbox’s and dish network equipment for nefarious purposes back in college :smile:

Yup if you order boards and heatsink you wouldn’t need much. Hlg-240h-c1050 is proper driver for two 304 boards. If it ends in A has built in potentiometer, if it ends in B has dimming leads and you would also need 100k pot to dim.

Other stuff you would need is a couple of two port wago connectors, waterproof barrel connector, power cord, and a small spool of 18awg wire rated for 300 volts.

Other than that, probably just something to build a frame to attach the two heatsinks to each other.

Nah I seen it on RIU. On their post.

1 Like

how often or when do I up the power on the lights. 18” 65% right now. My modified vipra is at 27.

1 Like

I usually let them sit for about 5 days or so after each adjustment while hardening.

So turn it up every 5 days until I’m at 80%?

Dbrn32,

Ok… I will look through your previous part list and get part #'s\purchase locations for the other components. I will go with the A version so I have the ability to dim with ease.

The heatsink is one solid piece measuring 6.8"x11.25"… It appears all 4 corners of the heatsink have holes already in them for mounting rigs so I would just need to find a way to mount the driver.

Doing it this way is going to save me a bit of money :slight_smile:

Thank you for all your guidance!

1 Like

Good looking plants!!!

Should I pickup a Mean Well HLG-240H-C1050A and 2 QB288 V1 LED Quantum Lighting Board, 3000K flat heatsink" Says Horticulture Light Group on the board"
for $114 ? everything is new , driver just doesn’t have a retail box
Its from a local discount store.
Thanks
I don’t need a light, just cant pass on a good deal :clown_face:

Don’t do that. The 1050ma driver is for qb 304. For 288’s it would be 2100ma driver. That’s assuming they are legit hlg boards. If they’re knock offs, you’ll have to go with whatever information they give you.

1 Like

Sounds like will work for what you’re doing.

The bid for the driver $9.99 if I win it ill get QB304 & Slate 2 Double Combo for $168 and get the better heatsink for a total cost of $178
Thanks for your help

1 Like

@boardsbird,

What is the better heatsink? The slate 2 double combo is a heatsink I thought ?

1 Like

sweeeet light @dbrn32

1 Like

Thanks brother! Has been a process getting it all together but looks pretty good so far.

1 Like

that’s a big lol

2 Likes

One of these things is not like the other

IR the strips and cobs on the other vipra mod light 110 on the lights 92 on the heat sink. 105 on the hlg 89 on the heatsink. 88degree room

1 Like

First thing you should do is ditch the ir for anything shiny and anything near the light source. Either way, not really sure what difference it makes?

1 Like

Just saying they’re cool lights

1 Like

6 Likes