Let's talk DIY lights

so stoked

5 Likes

Awesome! You’ll be set up pretty well.

1 Like

Which way do I frame them? What’s the total length after I’m done for whichever? Or should I just copy hlg? I’ve seen both ways to mount but don’t know difference of area covered

Being a tech forum you people vape? I have mighty, volcano and vape oil out of a ccell

It depends on the space. Figure intensity levels will follow the shape of the board. If it’s a narrow space do them end to end. If it’s more square mount them side by side. More space you need to cover the further apart you’ll need them.

Hlg recommends the 1750? For 3 boards. You recommended the 2100. I bought the 2100. Is this so I can drive them harder?

1750 for version 1, 2100 for version 2. Big difference is forward voltage on version 1 board is higher, so three of them don’t fit on the 320-2100. But 3 of the version 2 boards do.

As far as capacity of the heatsink, they run that much from the 324 boards, should be solid. The 288 board itself is plenty good at 2100ma.

Thank you for clarifying. I’m building it monday

Cool! Keep us posted.

Reading through this thread, I got inspired and broke apart my blurple fixture and I have (12) of these drivers.

Thinking it would be cool to augment my two HLG- 3000K fixtures. If I put together two fixtures in the 4000K range with better LEDs that way I can have specialized fixtures for veg and flower.

12 of those? Wow.

Yeah the blurple fixtures they came out of were pulling 480 wall watts at 120V

My vipra600 was 2 700ma drivers. Scroll back to message 3500 you’ll see what to buy. 8 Strips or 4 cobs and 1 strip per driver. Dbrn32 is who will know

Pretty good range of things you could do with them. Do you wanna reuse fixture or just steal the drivers?

just steal the drivers. and I’m inclined towards strips

Ok. So due to operating current, each driver will run 4 560mm gen 2 eb’s or two 1120mm gen 2 eb’s.

There are obviously other strips, but the eb gen 2 is likely where you’ll get best bang for your buck with those drivers.

1 Like

If you get to snipping wires, be sure that you can later identify the difference between the led output and the fan output.

1 Like

Damn, those would make a hell of a light using EB strips.

1 Like

Are you aware if these can be dimmed?

Probably not. I don’t see anything on driver indicate so, and trying to dim on ac side never seems to work properly.