Let's talk DIY lights

What’s the option for stepping up the cobs?

There are 4 windows on the front of the light. With the configuration I would cut it out?

Dammit , I definitely didn’t account for that.

I was hoping for 4 top shelf cobs

I was dreaming of using less electricity than is was made for while getting a light that is amazing for the same footprint. I’ll take a light that pushes the boundary the light has the get a kick ass light.

Scratch other plan and go with 4 72 volt cxb 3590. We may have to add another couple of fans or something to eat up some voltage though. Will be awfully close.

That steps it up. Lol. What would be a “just as good” cob cheaper.

Does the clear glass front block light?

Part number? That websites a maze . Please help lol.
How will we know if it’s the right light?

Cxb3590 72v, 3500k 90cri cb bin

CXB3590-0000- 000R0UCB35G

Out of stock. $50each? That’s $200 per light.

I liked the other way lol.

You see homie, that’s what I tried to avoid lol.

Give me some time to look around some. For $200 you could just about build a 200 watt cob light just as efficient using a 50 volt cob. But they won’t fit your driver.

The other way is nfg, I totally missed that bottom of light wasn’t open. That was my bad.

After this project I’m already eyeing the next one. The kits on timber grow light, rapid led and hlg are all cool. Is it cheaper to part those kits out yourself? They give you a list. Or can you build it with cheaper close enough parts?

You can source parts yourself and build for usually 30-50% cheaper. Depends on which specific components, sales you can take advantage of, and how good you are at making stuff work.

Something like this.

2x4 would be better. So I can mod these two lights and use them. What would the lights be equivilant to after mod? 450w hid?