Let's talk DIY lights

They’re a little bigger boards I think. Take a peek at sizes and see if you think you can make it work. It will change up some things with drivers too, I’ll take a look when I have some free time.

They’re not too much different, you should be able to make them work similarly to qb 132.

For your 2x4, I would suggest hlg-320h-2100a. That will run all 6 boards wired in series at like a smidge over 50 watts per board, and allow you to dim to around 50%. It’s about as close to perfect driver configuration as you can get.

I would just need to know if you plan to run both 4000k boards in the other space from 1 driver or you would prefer separate drivers? If you go with one driver for both boards, would you like dimming function there as well? I’m not sure if there are any easily dimmed drivers that small for individual driver per board.

Before I knew your name, I referred to you as Durban & Granny called you Dearborn. Guess I win! :grin:

They roughly measure 11" x 9.5" which I will still be able to fit a 2x3 grid. That is as long as the clearance between each board is less that 1/2" I should be OK. I would like only 1 driver to run both boards in my stacked space if possible. As this is my first experience with LEDs I am not sure of the dimming feature. Never had that option and not sure how it effects the grow space. I will start looking to acquire the main driver you suggested in the mean time. If it saves time you could also provide me with a list of the miscellaneous items I will require when you decide the other configuration.
If I haven’t said Thanks for your assistance… THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

This electronic search engine can help tremendously.

Thanks for the assist! I went to that link and input the information dbrn32 provided (hlg-320h-2100a) and it came back no results for that item. Is there another product code I should use?
It did come back with an alternative HLG-320H-20A.

It worked for me. Just took off the A

DigiKey has plenty in both A & B

Yes it did give that product as an alternative. Is HLG-320H-20 the same as @dbrn32 suggested HLG-320H-2100A? I’m essentially clueless about LEDs and drivers.

Oops didn’t notice that. No not the same at all.
https://www.onlinecomponents.com/ has them

1 Like

Thanks again I was able to purchase the item there. @dbrn32 this is the correct driver or is it not?

HLG%20Order2

1 Like

Who’s confused here, me or you? Granted it’s only been one bowl today!
dbrn32 suggested this product item.

I’m the one confused. I read this and didn’t go back up and look

You got the right drivers

correct driver.

1 Like

That’s great, now the wait begins. @Budbrother no problems bro shit happens.

That’s the inside ode the viparspectra 600 reflector series.
2 questions- what do I buy to add cobs
How do I get the lights out? They are Glued ini think?Or thermal paste?

Never mind popped up. Lol.

It looks like all 4 led groupings are on one big sheet of aluminum with 4 heat sinks and 2 fans. 2 drivers 700ma each

1 Like

You have the correct driver. An hlg-320-20 is constant voltage/constant current and wouldn’t have the voltage to clear board demand. It’s close, but wouldn’t work.

Thanks for getting that @Aolelon

1 Like