Let's talk DIY lights

The bit about IR thermometer, yes the reflective surfaces are challenging to measure. They do have limitations. I have a fluke one also @dbrn32 I love it.

1 Like

That’s probably a good point. You win on that one. Been busy at work today, moving stuff. Now I’m working on a 89’ work blazer. Purchased a lot of parts for my truck the donor didn’t have. The move date got pushed to June… thinking about taking down the grow tent and packing it this weekend, sad realization. I’ll have to find a home for clones. @dbrn32

4 Likes

I have a collection of them, none of which were purchased with my own funds lol.

1 Like

Well multiple ways to look at that. Moving kinda sucks period, even more when it’s on tighter schedule than expected. On the other hand, your family will appreciate it and will be more time with your mom.

Wasn’t trying to win either haha. I thought same thing when they started selling them as multiples. Why the hell would I want 4 qb 120’s? One or two on the other hand :thinking:

1 Like

Moving sucks, along with deciding what to pitch and what to keep. More time with my mom is definitely a priceless thought. The kids will hopefully appreciate it also. I’m also trying to attempt at fitting a 6 person household into pick up truck… Tetris anyone?
4 qb 120’s would work for 4x4 veg? I thought about it.
I’m still struggling not to purchase 4 324’s. I just want to have them to be ready to set up eventually. @dbrn32

3 Likes

Ya dog, it would take an act of god just to move my wife’s junk. For some odd reason I think we’ll know before too long how well those lower powered boards do. @MattyBear is gonna take s light like the one I just finished and flower a 2x2. If 100 watts will do that I don’t see why 60-70 watts wouldn’t veg it. But o guess we’ll see.

2 Likes

@dbrn32 this is the problem I’m coming across. I don’t have issues about my stuff, and I’ve already gotten rid of most of my junk when I moved here.

2 Likes

I obviously don’t know mrs covertgrower, but if she’s anything like mine, you can be sure of one thing. You’ll either find a way to move it, or you’ll be buying it again soon!

2 Likes

So your wife’s stuff is junk, and your stuff is stuff. Hmm. A little George Carlin for ya. :grin:

4 Likes

Well yeah! Don’t act like it’s not the same other way around lol.

4 Likes

You’re right, it is the same way. My husband’s stuff is definitely junk.

3 Likes

We all have our junk, it’s about finding someone you don’t mind sharing junk with :joy:

4 Likes

Awww, that’s such a nice way to put it. I… tolerate his junk.

And he tolerates my grow tent.

5 Likes

Now if he calls your grow junk, that’s where I draw the line. Thems fightin words!

3 Likes

Exactly! And he does! The nerve.

I’m going to stink up the apartment with my trimming tonight. So just wait till he comes home to that!

4 Likes

atta girl! We could probably call you queen keif from now on haha! You gonna get some weights? Curious to know just how much is there. Being all lackluster and everything until you chopped.

1 Like

Yep, I’ll get my weights in. I haven’t k checked it yet, but it’s been so dry here it should be good to go.

Sorry, all out of likes. Here’s a :+1:

Kief queen, I like that.

1 Like

This is too funny. Her stuff from when she was 4 I consider junk “but good memories” she thought my Chevelle’s…64-67 where junk because only poor people own old cars lol

2 Likes

Ya, that’s what I’m talking about. I have a Yamaha banshee from before I could drive in boxes pretty much. She doesn’t realize it, but it will go back together one day. Definitely not a chevelle, but it’s what I got haha.

2 Likes

Out of likes, you guys and gal are killing me! Haha.
@raustin I love the Kief Queen!
@Covertgrower I hope you were good at Tetris lol. Hope the move goes well for you and your family.

3 Likes