Let's talk DIY lights

Sweet, thanks a bunch once again :v::green_heart: I’ll get busy

3 Likes

Can you post a picture of your 4-QB120? I am interested in how you framed them. I need to upgrade out of my shower and into a tent soon

5 Likes

@Sixpackdad I am a pack rat and had a heavy duty closet shelving system I used to build my frame. Someone… maybe @DoobieNoobie ? Posted some cheap frame building material I do believe on this thread.

9 Likes

Love it, thanks for posting. I like the footprint. I did a DIY for a 2x4 with the QB132s on a 1750a driver, been thinking about a square version for a 3x3 or 4x4.

One more question, what amperage did you go with on the driver? 2100a or 2800a?

2 Likes

2100a is what I went with. Don’t forget to tag be in your build :+1: I’d like to see it when it happens

2 Likes

https://ilgmforum.com/t/2019-community-grow-off/26715/17

It’s in my grow off post, Jan 27th update. This is my first full blown DIY. The first light I built was the 2-288 kit that came with all the parts. Then I bought parts on Amazon and HLG to build a simple QB304 board with a 1050a driver, and then this one. I have an upgrade to a 4x4 or 5x5 tent on my mind and would probably do a couple of these, maybe 3, if and when that happens.

2 Likes

All caught up , thanks for the link. I have it bookmarked now so I can follow. That’s a very thorough grow entry, very nice. I love your light build. You have me thinking of switching my lights to long instead square. A tent like that would fit much better in my space. :thinking: I do my seedling cups almost the same :grin: works great for less disturbing prescious roots :+1:dang man, that’s a lot of lights ! I’m envious :joy:…oh and I love that your wife’s the real judge :+1: good man

1 Like

It was dbrn32 that found the stuff for a frame. But seems menards is the only place I could find them that cheap. Here’s a screenshot of it.

7 Likes

The Role of Lighting in Plant Growth with Fluence Bioengineering

6 Likes

Sweet! I’ll have to come back for hour plus long video, but thanks for posting!

3 Likes

No video just a long dry talk

3 Likes

My favorite! Haha

2 Likes

Who was the awesome stoner that did instructional tutorial on qb 120/132 build?

2 Likes

Bogleg was it?

1 Like

He put some pics up, as did Not2sureyet. But someone went way above abd beyond with one. Kicking myself in butt right now…

@Drinkslinger @HappyHydroGrower @Sixpackdad maybe?

1 Like

I have one on my COB build somewhere buried in that Traveling Grower thread I think.

2 Likes

Maybe it was Sixpackdad…

1 Like

It’s not quite step by step but it’s a pictorial sequence of what I did. It’s a bit down the thread.

Here’s the Amazon list

2 Likes

I know, you did good job on that too. Unfortunately looking for passive boards specifically.

1 Like

Nice! Im gonna steal it lol. By steal i mean link, thanks!

3 Likes