Lets talk about PH Meters

You need to calibrate it first, instructions are in package @PHamm… You use one packet of 4.0 in one glass of distilled water… I think it’s like 250ml but read instructions…then you have another glass of distilled water with packet of 7… Once it’s calibrated correctly, adjust that ph going in if your in the coco you ha stated

@Zombo good advice bro well done :+1:

1 Like

I think I got a water analysis for my area a few months back. So, how many ppm do we look for? Does this apply to soil based Medium also?

that depends on your feed and medium. since you are in soil, I am less of a help. post this question in your thread and i bet you will get an answer

also, ph calibration is pretty important and should be done every couple weeks. The powders wont last. Consider buying containers of 4.0 and 7.0 to ensure you have the calibration correct at all times to avoid surprises

1 Like

How long will a mix ph calibration fluid stay accurate? Would it help to put it in an air tight container? I have a HealthyWiser pocket meter. It only comes w 3 powder packets of 3 different calibration levels. Do I have to order theirs or can I use any calibration fluid. It calibrates to second decimal.

I checked the PH and PPM calibration on my MW802 tonight. I’ve been using it for almost two months now and the calibration was still spot on!

3 Likes

@PHamm
I think those packets are a one time use.
Yes you can buy a bottle of 7.0 solution to calibrate with.

https://www.amazon.com/General-Hydroponics-7-0-Calibration-Solution/dp/B001D0CKYK/ref=sr_1_6?tag=greenrel-20

1 Like

Please stay away from the cheap yellow pH meters from Amazon, they’re crap and highly inaccurate. I’d been using one for several months, and even though I was getting what I thought were decent readings (and regular calibration),I started getting weird fluctuations and my plant started turning yellow. I changed the batteries and still no improvement. I started suspecting the pH meter, invested in a new one and now Im struggling to lower a massive alcalyd (?) build up of 7.5 with water pH’ed to under 5 with enough vinegar for an Italian salad dressing, and its hardly budging! Investing in a good pH meter is priority, as I learned the hard way.

4 Likes

@latewood
I’m thinking about a new ph meter. Do You have a link to these specific meters?

1 Like

@Fairieswear8oots go back to post 46 theres a link there fir the Milwaukee meter :wink:

1 Like