Lets talk about PH Meters

Has your tester dried out between tests? Did you rinse w purified or distilled water after previous use? These can cause inaccurate reading. Oh & does your calibration fluid have expiration date or has it been in extreme temps?

Stored in test solutuion

Distilled

No expiration date. Sits on a table next to my tent.

If u still have your manual it should have a temp range maybe having it in that temp has degraded it. If all else fails 1. Get new calibration fluid & 2. Call the manufacturer.

New meter arrived today, but it may have a problem. PH and TDS calibrated fine, but this is a three digit meter and the 3rd digit stays on zero. So it reads 7.50 or 6.50 for example, but wont read 7.54 or 6.25
Going to call Milwaukee when I get time.

It was like $18 for the PH and the PPM meter.
Not worth messing with.

If u call the company, they may send u a new one free.

I have the same exact cheap set @Rugar89
I also have a Breyer one I post above a while back I still canā€™t believe your having so much problems with them lol I do use my better one mostly but I cheap one have been good for me and have been staying accurate
Nice purchase tho WooHoo :raised_hands: youā€™ll be good with your ph now :+1:

1 Like

I called Milwaukee today and was told the MW802 reads to the 2nd digit for PH, not to the third, even though it is on the display. That said its functioning normal, so all is good. :+1:

1 Like

Used the MW802 this evening for the first time for a watering, instead of just playing with it. Was so nice not having to force that yellow piece crap into a 1 gallon jug, and then try to see if it was in the jug deep enough, or to deep. I love the log narrow probe on this. works great for adjusting PH in the gallon jugs. Then when checking runoff the probe just lays on the side of the catch container. Then just push the button on the unit itself without toughing the probe to read both PH and PPM. And no more x10 for the PPM. Tells you exactly what it is.
And the Milwaukee phone tech answered every question I had and explained every thing in great detail. Top notch service, and HIGHLY recommended!

Thanks @latewood for the suggestion on this meter. I love this thing! :+1:

6 Likes

you will never see a master electrician using chinese made tools in their tradeā€¦lol
we, for the same reason, need to take care of our selection of toolsā€¦ a whole lot less chance of getting burnt!
nice selection @Rugar89,will that probe work testing the soil also? or medium,i grow in coco/peat promix

4 Likes

Nice meter @Rugar89 I know you posted it earlier but what was the cost ?
I may need to buy one as well lol

1 Like

@Countryboyjvd1971 $153.18 on amazon, he has the link to it posted in post 56.

@Rugar89 please keep us posted on that meter, as I hate that yellow p.o.s I have now, and am shopping for a replacement. I donā€™t want to spend that much, but will in a heartbeat if it is reliable and accurateā€¦

2 Likes

I know he posted it thanks I was being lazy I smoke a bit to much this morning @Ron330 hahahaha

2 Likes

@Countryboyjvd1971 no worriesā€¦

And the morning smoke is the best one of the dayā€¦ No one awake yet, no noise pollution yet, just me, my pipe, and the sunriseā€¦ For just a brief time every day, life is perfectā€¦ :innocent:

3 Likes

@BIGE
Iā€™m not sure about soil. It does say it does conductivity, whatever that is.

@Ron330
I wasnā€™t planning on spending that much either, but wanted a all in one meter, and wanted a separate probe. Only other options were $75 to $100 and were made in China. I think the two most important tools we use to grow are lights and PH/PPM meters. And we spend a mint on lights. Why keep messing around with the junk meters?

@Countryboyjvd1971
Pass that over! Puff Puff Pass!

4 Likes

@Rugar89

Preach!

Thatā€™s going to be my next big investment.

2 Likes

You make a good point @Rugar89 for sure
And I agree with you as I stated I do have the cheap meter I use as a back up to my good one
I may also invest in one like your
If it good enough for you and latewood Iā€™m sold lol
And again Nice purchase bro :+1:
Now take this puff puff pass :+1::v::dash:
Happy growing :v:CB

1 Like

i agree on needing the precision instraments, and lights! lol
lol,using the cheaper models[and yes i have a ph meter/tds el cheapo i bought when i started,not knowing what i was doing,cutting corners] would be like trying to mic a camshaft with a wooden rulerā€¦lol
it can be done,just not accurate at allā€¦
i am wanting the remote probe style now,when i try hydro i want to drop it in bucket without having to bend over trying to read itā€¦lol
the milwalkee is on my listā€¦
wake and bake,puff,puff pass!

2 Likes

I use to use the drops. never had a problem. Then I decided to join the 21st century and bought one of the cheap yellow pH pens.I learned the hard way with the cheap yellow ph pen. The one I got off of amazon didnā€™t take long to get out of wack. It was 1.2 points out of wack 1st time. Re calibrated it and with in a week it was a point out. I caught it double checking with the drops! Any way, I purchased the Apera PH20 pocket pen from Amazon for 48 bucks and Iā€™m really satisfied with it so far. My girls got a little sickly due to the cheap pen. they have recovered . I know a lot of you use those cheap ones with no problems but there are several that have experienced the other end of the spectrum. 50 bucks is worth it.

5 Likes

Make sure you keep the tip moist and in storage solution for max. probe life.

New probes cost about 80 bucks and you will have to replace it eventually. :slight_smile:

1 Like