Let's see the outdoor veg!

Ladies have been getting some LST.

My first time tying down the tops. I have to say I saw results in a day. All the lower branches took off to get to the top. Now looking nice and bushy!

Feeding once every 5 days with 1/4 fox farm nute trio, added kelp, calmag, ph down and mackerel this year.

All looks good, only issue is PH will not go below 7…but my PH has always run high…

How y’all doing?
Happy gardening!

12 Likes

Loving the outdoor garden! Beautiful healthy ladies. I cant wait to go back outside with a plan. We gotta get legal round here first tho. I wont be able to hide that funk

6 Likes

Very nice. Looking big and healthy and still lots of time left to grow.

Here’s a gold leaf in my backyard

10 Likes

It is always a joy to see members who are free to grow outdoors.

Cannot wait to see your grow mature.

9 Likes

10 Likes

It’s taken a long time. Too long.

9 Likes

It is rough in a cloth pot like that but, is controllable. If I could grow outside, I owuld like at least a 2’x2’ circle in the ground with landscape barrier, or chopped up 55 gallon safe drums.

Just an idea for you in the future

4 Likes

I’m with you. Small pots are for indoors!

I’ve been trying to find a good source for the kind of short-wide 50gal fabric pots that Cervantes uses.

6 Likes

I will try to find some for you. Hit me up if you do not hear from me in 2-3 days. 50g? OK.

2 Likes

Here’s a few in 50 gal barrels cut in half.
Some are a bit bigger than half. :wink:
Bigger plants are 8- 10 weeks old. Smaller bottled ones are 4 weeks.

Bottles on top of stakes rattle in the wind and keep birds and deer away from the plants.
Also keep stakes from poking thru bags when used to cover pots during inclement weather.

:v::call_me_hand::sunglasses:

13 Likes

Afghan kush, 5.5 feet right now

So far everything going well, haven’t even Fed anything yet, ocean forest doing it’s job, just ph water with calmag. I must have got a hot Batch of OF, got some dark green leaves with slight nute burn. I’ve been having issues with caterpillars🤬, BT sold out everywhere, been using neem (all I got), seems to be helping a bit, can’t find spinosad either.

8 Likes

I hope you got those damn caterpillars. They totally destroyed my plants last year. They took out three autos and one photo.

Amazing amount of damage they cause

I thought I got all of it

Later on started to see brown spots in the bud. Opened them up and they were gone.
Passed on trying again this year. I did get some fresh spinosad though.
Good luck

4 Likes

Yeah, they can definitely cause lots of damage. Good news is I don’t think I have nearly the problem you had, seems to be slowing down. I’m not sure how effective neem is on caterpillars, but it seems to be helping the issue. I have also moved the plant away from any trees or plants.

Thanks, sorry about your plant, if you try outdoor again hope it works out :v:

4 Likes

Top are IlGM Super Skunk bottom is Skunk #1

9 Likes

Also…Every year more clones survive!

Using Clonex gel in vigro potting soil, the worm castings and vermiculite when transplanted from red solo cups.

7 Likes

Thank you @latewood much appreciated.

@Dave101 i recently used Jacks Dead Bug to wipe out caterpillars on my brassicas in my veggie garden. Worked great. I typically go with Neem and Bt and this worked better.

2 Likes

Here is an Amazon page with several 50 gallon cloth pot choices.

https://www.amazon.com/Magarz-50-Gallon-Fabric-Flower-Garden/dp/B071D547YW/ref=sr_1_20?dchild=1&keywords=50+gallon+nursery+pots&qid=1624389135&sr=8-20&tag=ilovegrowingm-20

2 Likes

Here are my “pit grow” and “friends grow”. Half are SFV OG other is Ice

And

7 Likes

7 Likes

This is my first outdoor grow. Clone from my indoor grow-ghost train haze.

7 Likes