Lets see how other growers make there compost teas and other teas for there plants

Ok guys lets have a bit of fun lets share our recipes for compost teas ,nutrient teas , banana teas and what ever other teas yous guys use ,and all this information will benefit all of us growers from new growers to experienced growers as most of yous know that i have a banana skin and cucumber skin tea recipe ,and i also have one for compost tea and nutrient tea .I will tell yous about the nutrient tea i start of with two scopes of superworm frass one and half scopes of alfalfa meal and seaweed meal half scope volcanic rock dust fertilizer and molasses and i bubble it for 24 to 40 hours i normally add half cup to 6 ltrs or ten ltrs of water .so come on guys share ur tea recipes

A little bit of this and a little bit of that. Some fish emulsion and worm dirt. I don’t aerate my teas. I just keep it in a trash can with a lid adding things to it as the growing season goes along. Add some sugars (molasses) to feed the bacteria…

1 Like

Sorry for the upside down pic.
I boil about half cup of the Kellogg in 2 gallons of water stirring till dissolved adding molasses at the end. Strain the sediment and adjust ppms as needed. Works like a charm

2 Likes

Right now just worm castings and sugars keeping it simple, less to go wrong

2 Likes

Depends on what I’m doing. General aerated compost tea

Home compost
Home worm castings
Fish hydrolyzed
Kelp meal
Small amount of alfalfa meal

Brew for 24-36hrs

I add molasses about 1-1.5 hrs before application for bacteria I do this at the end so the bacteria doesn’t over populate and consume all of the food before fungus has a chance to compete.

I sometimes add a little humic and fulvic in the last 20-30 minutes for same reasons as above.

If I’m brewing an intentionally fungal dominant tea I pre prepare my compost with organic grain “take your choice/ use a few” flour. I mix the compost and flour with a little kelp and fish and water. Cover it with wet cardboard or brown paper bag and let it sit in the dark for 3-5 days prior to brewing.

I also add organic grain flour and alfalfa meal to my fungal mixes. I like to add the alfalfa in small amounts in the beginning and more later on for the same reasons (quickly consumed food source).

Without a microscope and knowledge of what we’re looking at it’s all a guessing game🤣!

I play around a bunch as well I’ve put a bunch of homemade bio-char in sometimes to activate it. It catches the bubbles and holds more air in the brewer.

For nutrients I’ll literally pull plants that are native and flowering or growing rapidly at the time and chop them up. Put them in a 5 gal bucket with water and molasses. Cover for about 3 days to ferment. I then strain it and water it down so the alcohol doesn’t kill anything but pulls out the nutrients from the flowering plants.

Early on I do this same method with seed sprouts. Mainly alfalfa.

Hope someone finds it useful!

2 Likes

Thanks for ur input the goal here is to get information for the new grower and the other growers sure some one will find all this information handy

Thank you!!! The more soil we heal the better!! I’m also interested in hearing some other methods for SST I’m always worried about over fermenting and getting the alcohol to high. Thoughts?

I do this banana and cucumber fertilizer get four bananas and one cucumber cut whole banana and cucumber into small pieces get a kitchen scales and weigh the bananas and cucumber together and place into a bowl now weigh out the same amount of brown sugar and put it in the bowl now add tablespoons of molasses and now mix it by hand until it all starts to become a liquid of some sort once done get a big jar or u can have three jars if u want to place mixture in the jar or jars only abit over half way then using a rubber band and paper towel you place the paper towel over the top of the jar then put the rubber band over paper towel to hold it in place the paper towel allows good bacteria to stay in the jar or jars or using and it keeps bad bacteria out i leave it for about one to two weeks sometimes later ,this mix is a great bloom booster high in potassium and phosphorus aswell it has iron calcium magnesium all stuff ur plant needs

Mmm teas. The good life. The only thing we feed. We like to brew ours with air stones for 24hrs. Anything over 48 hrs starts to decrease the overall effects. We started two years ago putting the loos stuff, worm casting and humus, in large tea bags. We found out this past year that it works way better letting everything 100% slosh around with the air stones.
Once I turn the air stones off I feed within 5 mins. You can keep the tea in the fridge for a few days as it will still be good if its in a sealed conrainer.
The amount of each will change durring the grow. Veg–> tranistion–> flower. Happy soil = happy plants :slight_smile:

• Natural humus. (This is key) You want to use humus from your area. This will allow the correct microbes for your envirment to thrive. Ex. I dont want to use humus from thw coast rang due to be being in thw high desert. The bilogy isnt the same in thw soil.
    *Worm castings.
    *Humic acid.
    *Fish, crab and shrimp hydrolysate.
    *Molassis.
    *Bio-live.

I’ve been using worm castings, kelp extracts, bat guano, molasses, and a couple drops of some local honey. The plants don’t complain and the microbes and mycorrhiza Fungis seem to love it.

Sounds like its a good tea

Something I picked up from my grandma years and years ago, she used it mainly in her rose garden and recommended I use it for my weed plants, and she was so correct, I use it indoor/outdoor potted/in-ground. Fruits/vegetables/flowers/cannabis if it’s in soil it gets tea. :grin:

1 Like

I have a couple of tea recipes aswell if ever want a new one to try

I listen to everyone, there is always something new to learn! I love this place lol. I see your screen name Aussie, would you happen to be on an island shaped like Australia?

Yah im from Australia here is a banana tea recipe get four skins from four bananas chop them up into smaller pieces place into a mesh bag then place mesh bag into a ten ltr bucket of water with a air stone in there connected to a air pump let it bubble for 30 hours and add two tablespoons of molasses aswell once done you can add ten mils of fish shit to it then water ur plants .you can also speed up the process by putting ur banana peels into a big pot of water and boiling the skins for 30 mins once done add two tablespoons of molasses before the water cools down ,once the water is cold you can water ur plants

I will absolutely give it a go, sounds much more simple than all the stuff I’ve added to mine over time. Maybe time for a fresh recipe. I usually only add 1/2-1 cup tea per gallon of soil to my plants. Thank you for your input, I hear lots of people use banana skins for their teas but I’ve never added them. I will be doing so on the next run.

We’re planning a trip to the Australian zoo in the next year or two Never been to Australia and can’t wait. I’m an avid outdoorsman and we enjoy going new places.

You will enjoy it brother its nice here and Australia zoo you will be amazed by it thats for sure

I’m just going to add bananas straight to what I have brewing right now, it’s been cooking for about 14 hours now and I usually add molasses and honey the last 2 hours. I put a small amount in to start but finish with 1/4 cup honey and 1/2 cup molasses.

Nice that will feed the microbes in ur soil then ur microbes will feed ur plants you should see a good difference in the next few days after you feed them

I also add mycorrhiza spores to my soil and during transplants. The tea seems to help the fungi too. One of the biggest differences I’ve seen has been the introduction of mycorrhizae spores. The root balls are so much more impressive when I started using it. Do you happen to know what in the banana peels is so beneficial? Also a friend said I could feed tea instead of water on non feed schedule. Is that okay? No fresh water?? I have been going feed, water, tea, water, feed. They seem to like it. And aren’t showing any issues. Starting 3rd week of flower

1 Like