Let's see all outdoors

This Morning a little Maintenance

5 Likes

Not sure .
I’d be happy with neem but I don’t use chemicals.
I’m an organic grower.
This was my 3rd outdoor season since joining ilgm.
If I wasn’t so busy I maybe could have been more watchful maybe just taken them earlier but I always want the trichromes to be there richest.
I had a police visit last year and that put me he wind up me about doing another grow.
In the end I did but it was more gorrilla style hard to get too and 2 or 3 were in the wrong spot for autumn cooling down weather.
So better positions more sun more breeze better Access things be different for sure.
I’m leaning towards having grows with shorter flowering times long term.
That still pack a punch.
There is a thread about a product that saves the flowers from bud rot and white powdery mildew.
Can’t remember it’s name.
Seems not to harm the plant or flowers in anyway.
Seems it comes under an organic umbrella as far as products go.
Cheers @VF

1 Like

I think also Super Skunk can be mold prone if humidity gets too high. Spinosid and neem are both considered organic I think. could be mistaken. I as well try to grow organic. I mix FFOF with my own compost and recently started making teas composed of compost, bat guano, and worm castings.

I’m pretty sure BT is not organic. I used it on the plants with worms last year and still ended up throwing the bud out. I’m going to get to the strains that are mold and mildew resistant for outdoor in my area and stick with those. Hopefully by next year I won’t need the FFOF as I will have made enough compost.

2 Likes

Awesome @VF
Yer were I had the super skunk it missed early light backed with gorse and bracken and slightly down a bank of a stream.
Ok in mid summer but the cooler autumn temperatures not so good.
Was a bit of a last minute decision to set up.
Your compost ingredients sound good.
I make my own soil too.
Found a good source for the special ingredients all organic bit costly in transport but they turn out to be set up to make soils for cannabis growers called living soil.
Appreciate our conversation thank you

1 Like

Making enough compost for everything is a challenge hay.
Garden worm farm cannabis plants etc then the other ingredient called time. Lol

1 Like

My first grow, 4 autos and 4 photo periods, some doing better than others.

6 Likes

Nice addition to your veggie garden @lamme

1 Like

High,
Here’s my 2022 in July.
Happy growin,
Ger

6 Likes

BT is organic (it’s just a bacteria) and is good for worms and caterpillars. Spinosaud is good for that too (it will kill on contact) but BT is safer especially if you’re already flowering.

Growing mold/mildew resistant strains is the smartest approach to mitigating bud rot. Also shorter flowering times so you can get them
Chopped before the fall weather becomes favorable for rot and mold.

3 Likes

Thats good to know @Deez. I used BT last year, still had worms and rot, threw a bunch out. It was heartbreaking, this year I just decided to grow more accepting I will lose some.

Although I didn’t start BT until half the plants were infected. You’re right about strains. Amnesia Haze was the one I had that wasn’t affected. This year I hope for the same result with AH and Jack H.

Still have fingers crossed on my G13. Been checking close everyday, but as you know sometime those little boogery worms are hard to see until too late. Just sprayed with Spinosaud yeasterday. Heres a pic she is going into week 6 so I might use the Spinsaud one more time or some BT, I’m not sure. I plan on spraying at least one more time before harvest.

7 Likes

Yeah I typically use BT as a preventative or at the very first sign of worm/caterpillars. Those little bastards are the worst. Good luck in the home stretch homie👍

2 Likes

Yes it’s good for you’re Soul , give you a little piece of mind , that what you are Smoking is 100 percent real , no addictive just nature :cloud_with_lightning_and_rain::sun_with_face:

1 Like

I’ve seen anywhere from 9-12 weeks as the finish. Mine don’t have any sticky trichs on them yet but the smell. its out of this world. I couldn’t even begin to describe it, It is truly unique.

I don’t remember if you said how long yours took, I need to figure out when the next most likely catipiliar time is and spray again before that, They always seem to show up on the tomatoes about 7-10 days after the full moon. The buds seem to be bulking up nicely and the plant has stopped growing taller. I’m guessing there is no reason to spray the last couple of weeks. By then I either won the battle or lost it.

1 Like

Outdoors may be a crap shoot but hope have I. 1 autoflower MOB has may it a Skittles big stem I put in the ground is growing. In pots with the pod with the mesh taken off are growing today LSD girl is growing A$% backwards I looked at her and her tail was up, not down so I covered her up with some soil and watered a bit Now back into Humid baggie lights camera Grow

3 Likes

Growing outside is a Challenge, and you always have to Battle insects and weather, but you can produce Giant Amounts of Weed! I have 10 plant’s out of 15 , I gave a friend a couple in gallon pots, 2 got dug up by field mice and only 1 failed to germinate, i have more than enough for my winter stash, and ill share some with my friends , I feel like it will even better next year because of what im learning from our pros here, I appreciate them helping me up my game

7 Likes

I think we will do this this harvest. I never had the confidences to do this Dry Ice Hash removal. @beardless @kaptain3d @Nip @TheShortAnswer @VF @Oldguy @Newt

5 Likes

I don’t think you’ll be disappointed brother.
Nice returns. And pretty easy to do.

:v:

2 Likes

It has been on my to do list. I have jars and jars and a bag or two of sugar leaf trim that I have been keeping to do that with. My problem is finding dry ice. It was supposed to be a winter project. Oh well, it won’t be that long and another winter will be here.
Thanks for posting it and tagging me.

1 Like

To bad we aren’t close, I can get all the dry ice you need. :v:

1 Like

I’ve never done it. Good luck!

2 Likes