Let's see all outdoors

@mgkr2001 Looks like you have a good start, just keep trying them down, and spreading out as they grow.

1 Like

@Cantgetnosatisfaction this is my last seed from ILGM it’s a hybrid. I’ve done both indoor an out, they have been very good seeds. My plan is to clone a mother

2 Likes

So far so good.

Anyone try any compost tea? Trying to save this year… happy gardening!

5 Likes

Ahhh ! So it’s worth investing ? I’ll look them up on Roberts seed store

1 Like

Beautiful grow area brilliant @Dforce

1 Like

@Blackmoon ,Thank you sir, it’s been a journey getting to this point , for sure.

1 Like

@Cantgetnosatisfaction ,This last seed was like 5 years old as well, you can follow my somewhat of a journal if you would like to see it to the finish. Buy the way they all have been Sativa Dominate.

2 Likes

@Derf02368, I do not, but I believe @Deez uses a tee. Looking good, I do like the roller trays. I have a buddy that used to do tht years ago.

1 Like

Wheels make it easy and keeps the air moving around the bags. Otherwise roots try to grow into the wood…downsized to 7 gal bags. Was using 15 gal pots, but was heavy. I bring tham all in the house during hurricanes…happy gardening

2 Likes

Yep and so does @HippieRunner1 (he’s my inspiraTEAon :rofl:). @@dad joke alert@@

@Derf02368 if you are using salt-based fertilizers (fox farms or similar) teas won’t do a ton for you to the point where I’d kinda say don’t bother. If you are my growing organic tho definitely get on the tea wagon.

An easy tea that you can start with is to get a 5 gallon bucket, a aquarium air stone, and an air pump. Even a crappy little one from my kids old fish tank was totally sufficient for me for a while. This doesn’t have to be more than about a 20 or $30 investment.

Ingredients you need will be:

Organic blackstrap molasses – most gardening stores have this – just make sure it’s unsulfured, it usually is anyway
Liquid kelp extract – I use Neptunes harvest but any brand is probably fine

Fresh Compost or humus - ideally this would be veggie/plant compost that is coming from your own compost pile or at least one in your neighborhood. The more local the better. Or if you have a wooded area you can access easily just take a big handful of the top layer of dirt. Basically you are harvesting local microbes and are going to breed them in this bucket and feed them to your plants.

Into the bucket put in 5 gallons of water, 5 ounces of kelp extract, 5 ounces of molasses, and a handful of compost or humus. Drop your air stone into the bucket and turn on the air pump and give it 24 to 36 hours to bubble. After that just feed it undiluted to your plants. Do not turn off the air stone and let it sit for more than a short amount of time for your microbes will start to die.

I feed this at least once a week to my plants and that’s a good base where you can add additional add-ins depending on what you want

4 Likes

Here is a super skunk in 25 gal bag, she finally seems to be hitting her stride. A month ago she was on deaths door. I almost threw her in the compost pile.

This beauty queen is G-13. started from seed in feb, struggled for months now flowering since June 1. This pic is a couple weeks old. Really excited to see what she becomes. Grown in 30 gal grow bag

5 Likes

Beauty. I just harvested some G 13 a few weeks back and that is some powerful couchlock

3 Likes

Never tried it so I am excited. How long did she flower? Everything Ive read says from 9-12 weeks. It was kind of weird that it started so early, was worried it would re-veg. Now with the sun on the downward slope I think I’m going to be alright. Did you defoliate the leaves? if so what is the time line? I’m almost 30 days into flower, I’m thinking I take off most of the bottom leaves now

Everyone’s got their way when it comes to leaf removal. I follow Jorge Cervantes and don’t remove fan leaves unless they are yellowed and dying off or if they are blocking a bud site I want to expose. I did strip off the lowest bud sites and larfy crap off the lowest parts of the plant around week 3-4.

Mine flowered for about 10 weeks. Next time I might harvest a little earlier - I waited til it was like 30% amber trichs and it is some hardcore couchlock go to bed kind of weed.

I’m growing it again right now and we’re just over 2 weeks into flower.

3 Likes

Thanks for that @Deez I don’t want any of the Larry buds on any of my plants this year. If its only ten weeks I’ll be in buds middle of august, That is pretty early for outdoors here. I still have a bunch of last years buds so it’ll be nice to have something new.

1 Like

You have become quite the tea machine. It can be such a beautiful beautiful thing if done right. And kinda fun at the same time. Adding alittle bit of this and alittle bit of that.
I always think it’s a blast when I’m out camping and come across a new healthy area… the humus just seems to speak to me sometimes. Lol mmm mm mm….
Trying my hand this year with alittle lasagna style gardening. Might not have the best results this year but next year should be pretty sweet.

1 Like

I’ve just had to throw out my beautiful super skunk plant as it got bud rot in the late staged of the harvest window.
It was a busy time and didn’t realize it was as bad then it dried without a wash and it was when I started dry trimming I realized how bad it had spread throughout the plant.
So great to see yours has florished and may it bring you some Nice bud at the finish line.
Cheers
What I sampled was very nice

1 Like

@Blackmoon Thats no bueno, had a bunch I threw out last year for the same reason. I spray the super skunk now every other week alternating Spinosid and neem. I learned last year (too late) that the weapon of last resort is BT, Don’t like the idea of using it but it seems to be the only thing that kills those little wormy buggers. If you had the time to do over would you have sprayed your Super Skunk preemptively? And how early into flower would you have started?

1 Like

An Alien in my Dr Grinspoon

3 Likes

Couple girls posing they getting that nice round shape

2 Likes