Lets laugh about it

I was wondering what is the dumbest thing you ever did through a growing cycle?

3 Likes

In 2002, I had my first attempt at growing. I had no idea what I was doing and internet info was limited at that time.

I set up a crude hydroponic system and vegged a plant for 6-7 months in a closet under three 250 watt HPS lights, I flipped it to 12/12 and harvested 4 weeks later lol.

I didn’t figure out what I did wrong until ten years later in 2012

5 Likes

Friend it sure does look like you know what your doing now. Great story!

4 Likes

Lol ty :blush:

2 Likes

Hahaha i feed mine 5x recommended dose
I was super high using a five gallon bucket
So when mixing nutrients i multiplied recommended amount by 5 and for some stupid reason agian by 5 so i had enough nutrients for 25 gallons in five gallons
When i feed my plants i said hummmmm this mix looks darker than normal hahahhaha
Finished feeding went to bed woke up next morning realizing what i did but damage was done I flushed them when i got home from work but i had already cooked them at that point
They did finish off with reduced harvest wieght and lesson learned never mix nutrients when super stoned @Happy_Pappy

5 Likes

Story: I had a coworker who was THE DUMBEST HUMAN BEING ON THE PLANET! One day I stopped in on my day off and was wearing a T-shirt that said “Bone Heads Deer Camp”. He pointed out my shirt and said: “That was my nickname in the Marines”.

Some things you should keep to yourself! lol.

We called him “Awesome” because that was his favorite phrase.

6 Likes

Lol @Awesome1 I think he’s a member here @Myfriendis410

5 Likes

Not anymore: He blamed ILGM for the crappy genetics and quit the forum hahaha!

Because it’s never the grower’s fault lol.

6 Likes

Hahha to funny boys @Myfriendis410 @TDubWilly @Happy_Pappy

3 Likes

Dumbest thing I ever did was get sucked into using AN Jungle Juice, then again after the first plants died. Fool me 2wice. Had to know if it was the JJ or something else.

My first grow ever; Like most I overdid it and had so many seeds started that I had to let some die because I could not afford any more pots or bubblers. Grew 18 in the end making bubblers out of 2.5 gallon distilled water jugs. :slight_smile: lw

6 Likes

The dumbest thing I ever did was a few grows ago. I accidentally bumped into my timer, the kind with all the little levers on it. I remember hearing a click, glanced at my timer and noticed nothing wrong – I was stoned at the time. Left it alone for about two weeks and couldn’t figure out why my plant wasn’t flowing. Finally, I took a good look at my timer and realized one of the little levers was up. So that means my plants were getting five minutes of light right in the middle of their dark period. The lights were just coming on and shutting off without my noticing for two weeks! Now I check my timers regularly. :joy:

4 Likes

I started my first grow with beans I smuggled back from Jamaica. Planted in pots in the window in the winter. Stretched out like crazy. Good news is I started to figure it out and kept with it.

4 Likes

Fooled me once shame on you.
Fooled me twice shame on me. Lol

1 Like

I did a totally DIY hydroponic grow in 1971. Grew okay, but I didn’t know anything about budding, so we harvested the leaves before it flowered at all! Not much different from the crappy weed we got back then from Mexico.

5 Likes

I agree. Remember the paraquat scare?

Ive just done my dumbest thing. I soaked 4 seeds, placed in peat pods under dome & waited. I hadnt used these pods before & they were a third of the size of the previous. Three popped but alas the 4th never showed. I assumed i drowned her as pods were extremely wet. After 14 days dropped another seed i broke thru , went into solo cup till being put in pot. Two weeks later im topping & look down & theres my forgotten seed. All i can figure out is the first seed washed outta pod, then attached to bottom of replacement pod & 28 days later sprouted. I couldnt accidentally dropped into soil as it was in other room.

8 Likes

I just left my lights on all night. Damn!

4 Likes

That’s nothing to like @Laurap.
A get well soon would be appeciated though.

2 Likes

Lol, my boss wore a hat that said no paraquat!

1 Like

My sympathies!! Better?

1 Like