Let's help my kid please

I am a new grower but gave a few healthy plants to my kid. He sent me this pic, nitrogen deficiency? How can he fix it

1 Like

Thats an easy fix, just add nitrogen. I wouldnt though at this stage of growth. Just means it didn’t have enough earlier on. Yellowing leaves is very normal starting mid flower so I wouldnt worry. However adding nitrogen at this point could definitely bring unwanted effects like airy leafy buds. You could probably get away with adding very low levels of nitrogen but I mean low.

1 Like

That’s a large plant for such a small rootball. The fact it’s here means it’s well taken care of. I don’t know how close it is to finish. But I’d up the current feed for a couple weeks. Since that’s what you want to see close to harvest. Fall colors. Of course. without better pictures I can’t say this plant isn’t close to harvest and should look like this either.

I’ve been telling him I need close up photos. I know he said he feeds with ( or was) with a generic 10/10/10.
I gave him 2 plants and only 1 has done this. Going with the timeline that they were planted at the same time as mine, harvest time should be coming real soon.
Thanks for the response!

Maybe this one received more less nutrients (I’m guilty of not measuring volume of nute solution given to each plant :disappointed_relieved:) or simply watered a bit more so it flushed a bit more of the nitrogen out. Just a theory.

1 Like

Won’t work well for flowering. Need more p-k. Depending on how much being used could be why I’m now seeing nitrogen burn followed by lockout. Too much N

1 Like

Lucky for him I took pretty good care of them before giving them to him. They are producing buds pretty well, but I’m sure it could have been more. Oh well, he’s learning, just like I am!

1 Like