Let's Grow Some Purple Kush

Looking good!

1 Like

I played around with the manifold with the last clones. So, I will have to see.

2 Likes

I will be following along - I’m fan of plant torture :wink:

Hopefully they will cooperate so it does get too ugly

1 Like

Got my Popcorn popping. I can’t wait to see the Beautiful Buds you are going to Grow.

1 Like

Awesome man, set to watch my friend. Good luck :smile:

1 Like

Beardless Brother,

Coming back for a second bite of the apple, and trying to get into your head a bit.

Reference: Peroxide.

I see this alot and why are you mixing the peroxide when you float the seed? Does it help soften the shell of the seed or something? What Ratio are you mixing that into the Seed/Float water?

I have some Blue Dream Autos and those seeds are hard to germinate. I am wondering if they are just old? I have my thoughts on those buy x and get x Free. “Old” trying to get rid of them is my uneducated guess.

1 Like

Peroxide does primarily two things. It disinfects and more importantly it oxygenates the water. It seems like I have better luck when I put a splash of H2O2 into an ounce of water. I think the ratio is 15-20% H2O2. Once ounce water to 1+ teaspoon of hydrogen peroxide.
About tough to crack seeds, some sites say to scuff the outer shell with fine sandpaper. Never tried it.

6 Likes

Hope you don’t me following along. Good luck!
:v::+1:t2::sunglasses:

Beardless,

I have read about the scuff technique. Jorge Cervantes method I think. I almost gave it a whirl on that Blue Dream last time. Next time I am going to scuff them good before I drop the seed, and I will probably douse with peroxide too.

I did get one BD to sprout, but I killed it with the light being too Bright. I should have listened to @hellraiser about dialing down those watts a bit. I seem to learn all the lessons in life the hard way. One of the days I will have things dialed in a bit better. I am loving the manifold Trick you shared. I went against the established Norm of trying it on a Auto Flower Strain, but both are doing well.

I had seen on YT that if you are going to mainline the Autos you have to not delay the snips once you see the Node Growth at the proper # to snip the plant as these Autos are like lighting a fuse.

I think next grow I am going to try 4, Z-Kittle auto in 3 gal bags this fall. I might only be able to get 3 in the converted closet, but that will be later this year. I am definitely doing the Manifold again for sure. Manifold ~ Autos. Why not? Seems to work well at least for the strains I have.

Won’t be long and it will be getting to be like hell on earth down here. Going to take the summer off. Going to import some Colorado Weed down here to augment what I will bag up from the Grows I got going currently.

2 Likes

I think coco for cannabis even writes about manifolding autos. Time wise you never know with autos. You do have to move quickly with them.

Welcome. Add what you care to add.

I know I have some 1" pipe somewhere and some 1 1/4" cutoffs
and some of these

I have to think about this.

12 Likes

MacGyver is in the house. Finally Guessed your last name. Beardless MacGyver.

I know your not making a ice sculpture. My guess will be weed housing of some sort. LOL.

I am probably going to steal your idea, so please make it a good one.

1 Like

Pretty much. One track mind and all… This is what I came up with.
These are 1 1/4" 4-ways attached to the uprights of my current frame

Because I am using 1" pipe for the other parts, I used some 1 1/4" pipe I had for “bushings” to fit inside the 4-ways. I used 1/2" #8 stainless screws to set them and the 1" pipe in place.
Now it can be a two tier scrog if I want

And, because there is a little room between the o.d. of 1" pipe and the i.d. if the 1 1/4, the top tier is adjustable.

I wasn’t sure about the height of the first net. It depends on what I am growing in so I just added on top of what I had. Who knows, may not even use it. @AfgVet @merlin44

14 Likes

I love it man. You said both levels are adjustable?

Invite = hey @JamJam here’s a guy that has one of the best scrog setups I’ve seen. Figured I’d tag you over and you could check it out for some brain tickling maybe it will help you with your setup

4 Likes

Only the top level. Maybe the on the next one both levels can be adjusted. See where it goes.

3 Likes

Nice job!

2 Likes

Absolutely loving it brother! Very nicely done! :+1:t2::sunglasses:

1 Like

3/25/21 update day 37. Red and Blue were topped back to the 3rd node on 3/19. They have had 6 days so time to check in and see if either is ready to have their new mains topped.
Blue is growing nicely and looks healthy.

However, the new mains only have two fully developed nodes. She needs three so let her be for now.

Today I did remove the lower leaves that I had left on after the first topping. Other leaves have developed enough so they can be removed. I also left one set of the growth tips because it wasn’t big enough to cut. It is big enough now.

Blue is all set for today.

Red is growing a little faster than Blue. Some slight leaf discoloration around edges of bottom leaves. I have also been adding CalMagic to Jack’s. Even though I soaked the coco with 7ml of CalMagic, it seems like they want more.

The mains do have 3 nodes. She needs a little more time in order to cut again above this node. You can see the difference between the nodes of Red and Blue. Does the internode space impact the decision to either mainline or manifold? If time is not a concern, I would think Red with the larger internodes would be a better candidate for a manifold. Yea Ney?

Also, one main is taller than the other. I want to keep it as symmetrical as possible. I tied down the tall side to mess with the auxins. Lower its height below the other side so the other side can grow unimpeded. Hopefully after a couple of days of this they will even out. I also stripped the lower growth.

By then, the mains will be ready to be topped and then both sides stapled level.
I am enjoying watching them this closely.

PS - on a personal note I have received both of my Covid-19 vaccines. I received Pfizer’s. My wife will receive her 2nd dose in another week or so. Hallelujah. No side effects what so ever. Be able to rejoin the world and family - hopefully.
Till next time.

10 Likes