Let's Grow Some Purple Kush

6/13 closet update. It is good I am not getting paid by the linear foot. Finally had some time yesterday and managed to get the 36" closet end wall put up.

Lights, filter and fan lay out. I was trying to avoid having any 90 bends but, for now I think this works best

It will exhaust out the end wall or through the ceiling. Unless some HVAC person knows of a Y that I can open and close to switch between the two, I will have to settle on disconnecting and reconnecting where I want the exhaust to go.
have a great Sunday

9 Likes

Lookin good :+1: bro watching you guys build is making me :drooling_face: drool Iā€™ll be getting mine going soon I moved to a much smaller house and the room Iā€™m in now is pretty tight

3 Likes

At the rate Iā€™m going I might have it ready by the first of the year. I think I can hit it hard and have it ready for my birthday in October.

4 Likes

Get down on it , get down on itā€¦ :grin::+1::wink::green_heart::upside_down_face:
Iā€™m in the same boatā€¦
All on meā€¦ :man_facepalming::man_shrugging::wink::flushed:
I have to get a new flower room up and running and get my old flower room into vegg mode and than start all of the rest of my house remodelā€¦
All on meā€¦ :angry::rage::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::thinking::upside_down_face::wink::flushed::shushing_face::green_heart:
And itā€™s a 130 degrees outside right nowā€¦
And always work and family in the mixā€¦
No love for the wickedā€¦
I guess as the old saying saysā€¦
All the work will be done when Iā€™m not breathing anymoreā€¦
Or hopefully my offspring will keep my legacy aliveā€¦
And everyone will be able to benefit from my heart and soul and the work and understanding that went into everything that I can possibly shareā€¦
:v::sunglasses:

5 Likes

130 degrees good grief
I thought we were hot. This past week we hit 90+ a couple of times. We usually donā€™t get that hot till late July or August. I have the portable AC ready to go when I am.
Keep after it. I am retired so I donā€™t have that much else to do other than yard & garden and tend to the girls.

4 Likes

No love for the wicked my friendā€¦
At least thatā€™s what they sayā€¦
Tomorrow will be 115 degrees by 11:30 am ā€¦
And 133 degrees by 2:00 pmā€¦
Gonna try to be done doing what I have to do by 2:00 pm hopefully ā€¦
:flushed::man_facepalming::man_shrugging::angry::rage::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::upside_down_face::grin:

2 Likes

Lookin good, I will tag you on my grow room build. What I installed is working awsome

1 Like

Where do you live that gets 133 I donā€™t know how anyone could live in that kind of heat

1 Like

AZ my friendā€¦
And yes it really sucks this time of yearā€¦
I try to be done working by 12 noon and on the river with a cold beer , a fat joint and a hot babeā€¦
Supposed to be 134 and maybe higher all weekā€¦
Right now itā€™s 131 in the shadeā€¦ :angry::rage::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::flushed::imp:

1 Like

6/16 closet update. Big day, got electric service brought in. 1 - 15A for the portable ac and 20A for the closet. That should be able to handle 3 lights, an inline fan and a couple circulation fans. Oh Happy Day

8 Likes

@dbrn32 decision time for lights.
As I mentioned earlier I am in need of two more lights for my 32x72" closet. I have one HLG 260 v2 rpec that I will put in there. I am looking for two more to pair with it. I have no problem with simply getting two more HLG 260s. However, The Budget LED Series 3 full spec 250W unit has caught my eye. Itā€™s basic info is in post 260. $$ it is more than the HLG but acceptable. On the other end of the price spectrum is ECO Farm

Two of them after the discount is around $400.
Am I nuts to even consider it?
If the budget for two lights is $800 Ā± other options you would recommend over HLG or Budget?
Thanks

6 Likes

Good question. I like hlgā€™s products and service, but others are providing options they donā€™t have. That being said, having toggle switch on pcb is pretty cheesy. They should have done multi channel boards imo.

I think decision to be made is what youā€™re willing to do for the trade offs between fixtures. If having switchable spectrum means a lot to you, then do you want to pay more for it, etc. Any of them look to be nice lights, and with 3 should more than provide adequate light for your space.

4 Likes

@NeoGroR a while ago you were thinking about layouts for a grow space in your basement. Were you able to move forward with it? I know my new space went through several iterations and have now settled on a plan and am well into it.

5 Likes

No. I need a new furnace and hot water heater installed before I move forward with it. If I were to build it, an HVAC person would figure it out pretty quick. And Iā€™m not legal.

So, Iā€™m waiting for a friend of a friend to become available for a side job.

5 Likes

I know what you mean. Not legal here either. Did have an electrician come yesterday. It is a good thing my wife is an artists. She described where she wanted the five counter top outlets in such a small space.
I did not put up the one closet wall that will have a pocket door in it. Task lighting only, no overhead lights of course.
Good luck with it when it happens. Maybe lumber and drywall prices will come down a bit by then too.

2 Likes

I feel bad for the both of you having to hide like criminals for no reasonā€¦
I can say that Iā€™m in the construction industry and I would say 90% of people in my industry smoke potā€¦
Iā€™m in a legal state finally so itā€™s a big relief , but I still keep my business to myselfā€¦
But my house ac went out on me 2 days ago in the middle of the night and the next day was 134 degrees, so I started calling people that I kinda know to see if they could get out to help me asapā€¦
Unfortunately I had to wait till 5pm that night , but the kid promised that he would show up and he did and got me back up and runningā€¦
Sometimes itā€™s good to live in a small town , as he grew up with my kidsā€¦
Bill would have been around 600 bucks or ofcourse I would have needed a whole new system , but only ended up costing me 100 bucks and I gave him an oz of primo and he was a super happy clamā€¦
Moral of the story , is that he will be installing 2 mini-splits for me in the near futureā€¦ lol
And I will only really be paying for parts , no laborā€¦
Hopefully you guys wonā€™t have to hide in the shadows so much in the near futureā€¦ :+1::green_heart::wink:
Much luv fellow gromiesā€¦

8 Likes

The barter systemā€¦ should be life.

5 Likes

Canā€™t imagine 134 degrees and no AC

2 Likes

I wanted a mini-split but install is beyond me and did not want another contractor to come out so settled for a portable AC. It should do the job. It will supplement the house HVAC going to that area.
Glad you got your system up and running.

2 Likes

I have a swamp cooler that Kept the house at 89 degrees the whole time , I just kept feeding it iceā€¦
Ruff on the dogs and my ferrite thoā€¦
They werenā€™t very happy and I wasnā€™t eitherā€¦
I just kept spraying them down with water from a squirt bottleā€¦
If it had got any worse, I would have taken everyone to the riverā€¦
2 miles awayā€¦ :+1::green_heart::wink:

1 Like