Let there be light

Perfect. I’m pretty sure that driver isn’t rated to dim to off, but you should have full control of current from about to 10% to 100%

@dbrn32 thanks for the continuing education. I emailed PLC asking how far out they are. Hopefully they will reply.

1 Like

Small shop, I wouldn’t exactly standby with phone in hand expecting reply. When he gets close there is usually a pre-order option on website.

1 Like

The above was your post to Is This LED Worth $50. So I went to Chilled and looked at DIY parts. I am very impressed with their 20" board. The PPF, efficacy numbers and CRI are WOW!

I know I would have to change the heat sink but is the HLG 185H C1400b driver I ordered suitable to run two of these boards. (I had a major brain fart in our conversation when I said 4 PLC boost boards, I only need 2). Use the dimmer to reduce lumens but increase efficacy?

1 Like

You could use those, hlg-185h-c1400b will only run 3 of them. One strip on each side will probably do what you’re looking to do though. Yes dimming light will give less overall light but be less heat and more light per watt.

You are teetering into territory where you should maybe consider seeing if you can exchange driver and build light for entire space lol

Yeah I know. But stubborn is stubborn possibly stupid. I’m only looking at 2 boards - one one each side. Thanks again. Have a good weekend

1 Like

Hell yea, cld u use that to surround the plant n add extra light to the sides n stuff…very clever

1 Like

That usually only makes sense to do if you have a small space with a single tall plant in it, or you’re growing a monster plant in open space. It’s not really practical for tent growing in most cases. But you could.

See the diagram at beginning of post. I’m looking to add 1 light strip on each side of my rectangular light to fill in the light and add power for better / denser buds.

2 Likes

Ideally you would build a light that would provide the correct (Daily Light Interval) DLI so wouldn’t need all the side lighting. Maybe factor in just what you need for that space.

1 Like

@dbrn32 just to let you know PLC is taking orders. I ordered 2 and they are supposed to ship 5/4.
SWEET :sunglasses:

1 Like

Two plc strips? I thought you were going with 4 of them? Would have been two of you ordered from chilled tech.

“(I had a major brain fart in our conversation when I said 4 PLC boost boards, I only need 2). Use the dimmer to reduce lumens but increase efficacy?”
"I’m only looking at 2 boards - one one each side.

1 Like

Hlg-185h-c1400 is too big of driver for just 2 photo boost strips. The 2 strips won’t clear minimum forward voltage requirements.

Sorry for putting you through this. Totally my F up. The level of my ignorance when it comes to this stuff is unsurpassed. The best solution is for me to simply get 2 more strips and heat sinks.

1 Like

It’s all good, just trying to keep you out in front of it.

I’m just glad I told you about the order and your letting me know that only 2 was a NO GO. In the end 4 23" strips will provide more flexibility and probably be more efficient. I have submitted my order. You-the-best thanks

1 Like

No problem. Let me know if you need help when the parts are in.

1 Like

you have a very high tolerance :sunglasses:

1 Like

Tell my wife lol

1 Like