Let the secomd grow begin

@Nicky @Breezy @MeEasy So I got my next batch of seeds germinating. Got some GIRL SCOUT COOKIES AUTO going right now. Still deciding on what soil my budget will allow me to get as im ordering two more new lights to add to my room. Did some re arranging to the set up giving me more space and access to the whole room. Need to install fresh air intake vent and the grows can only get better. I have these strip led lights for growing and im pondering if its necessary or even useful to have them installed at mid height range on the walls. So far just have them spaced on the floor as I ponder.

I still have to hang my main lights but ill update my pics as I go. I’m learning how to use my ph pen this weekend so all you advice will not go wasted this grow.

16 Likes

Nice room!

1 Like

Thanks. Figured with this covid lock down I had lots of time. Its 10ft deep 8 feet wide and 9 ft high.

3 Likes

Wow thats a great space. Will be set to watching :popcorn:

3 Likes

By all means watch away. Lol. Got some minor adjustments and additions to make but with some experience and all the help from all the freaking rocket scientists on this forum ill have some wicked bud in no time.

5 Likes

A bit off-topic, but the other day on NextDoor someone asked where the Girl Scout Cookies were; you know, the actual kids who sell actual desert cookies. I’m new to growing, and there are some things that I’ll never think of in the same way again, lol.

All the best with your grow! I’ll be starting my second grow this week. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Here we go!

2 Likes

So if one was to go out and get Walmart basic potting soil and use some peroxide in the water when prepping their soil for transplanting would they be ok?

1 Like

Depends on the soil you pick up… Anything with “FEEDS FOR 6 MONTHS” is not ideal because it has nitrogen pellets in it that lead to nitrogen toxicity.

Soil is a sub par cannabis medium but you can grow with it just expect 2-5 oz per plant more around the 2-3.5 until you become a experienced grower. Coco is much much better.

If you do grow in soil. Ensure 30% perlite is added to keep it airey.

2 Likes

Hows this work?

1 Like

Is it buffed?

1 Like

Yes it is.

Perfect it’s ready to go. Ideal mix to 50/50.
It’s gonna dry out fast so keep that in mind. That’s why I suggest autopots.

Otherwise get pot risers and catch trays. Water to 20% run off everyday. Going to be collecting a bunch of run off which is also. A hassle some use a mini shop vac to. Suck it. Up some have gravity trays. Autopots is no run off so again a win lol

2 Likes

Ok kool. This is what I use.

A pool water squirter lol.

8 Likes

Damn it @Dr.ofSmokology that is the best hack I’ve seen in awhile :flushed: thanks I will be stealing this one

2 Likes

Thats all man. That and an empty bucket. Works like a charm. Kinda fun too.

2 Likes

At first I though you meant for watering but now I know you mean for run off! That is one of the best grow hacks I’ve seen in a while! Nice!

@Myfriendis410
@Covertgrower
@dbrn32
@MattyBear
@imSICKkid
@Hellraiser
Look at this grow hack above lol

7 Likes

I’m lazy and have a drain tray lol cool though

3 Likes

Pff I’m lazy sick, I have autopots hence no runoff, but I figured we could advise other members in the future

4 Likes

I use a drain tray as well. I just use the toy to suck the water out of the tray.

1 Like