Let’s talk infusion. What does everyone using to infuse with?

When a cookie crumbles, make cereal :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Magical Butter is great.I use mine regularly, tinctures, oils,etc.

2 Likes

Oat flour lacks the same amount of gluten that wheat flour has. This is why they fell apart so easily.

2 Likes

Hi y’all:

Perhaps a little off topic:

First time grower, I have a few photoperiod girls one week into flower. At what point are the fan leaves and trim I cut off the plants worth saving for making edibles?

My edible process is to decarb my flower then I cook it in a crockpot directly, no water, into unsalted butter I previously browned into ghee. If that matters.

Thanks

Personal opinion, but for the most part the fan leaves aren’t worth trying to squeeze THC out of which is what I assume you’re asking, but they can be considered super greens and used in salad, pesto, and many other things. Don’t expect a buzz from that, but I don’t waste many. :slight_smile:

The sugar leaves when you trim the buds are what you want.

3 Likes

I would not have thought of eating fan leaves for nutrition! Will try, thanks.

So for canna butter I just want post-harvest, non-fan leaf trim?

2 Likes

Any of the sugar leaf trim is going to be best. The frosty stuff.

Personally I dried mine in the trim bin to harvest the kief, but can certainly be used for edibles, tincture, bubble hash, etc…

I vaporize more than I burn these days so I use the AVB for edibles and such.

Once I started doing alcohol extractions I’ll never do oil extractions again. Chocolate chip cookies have zero weed taste or color and can more precisely tailor the dose for our use.

2 Likes

If I do an alcohol extraction and then distill the alcohol out and am left with the black looking oil how many MG of thc is in each ml of it?

2 Likes

@Caligurl said a gram (ml) has 750 mg. Then I found this too

or this

1 Like

That’s why I make a qwet and evaporated it down to a wax then melt that in…

4 Likes

Hi, new to the board
Have been working on an infused simple syrup
Right now it may be at a micro emulsion level, working on getting a homogenizer

Wondering if there is any interest in something like this
Have some video links on another site and would be interested in some opinions
Personally I find the syrup easier to use than cannabis sugar or infused honey/agave

If you have chemistry background please use restraint
This was done half joking but I like and use the product
Have chocolate syrup and apple compote videos and just did a peach sorbet practice video
The syrup has good decarb specs I on of the oil droplets and stay in suspension for quite a while
Any reasonable opinions appreciated
I’m NOT a chef or chemist and was gulping infused coconut oil from a magical butter machine before coming across Psychedelic Sam, so please do not be too harsh

1 Like

I made a mistake in the first post
Where that garble about specs is just substitute dispersion
Autocorrect

where are the videos?

Any thoughts from anybody?
Is this ridiculous?
Is it helpful?
Want to go on to nano emulsion but need feedback to plot my next moves
I use this everyday
Have a peach sorbet and apple compote cubes that are frozen in an ice cube tray in 30-50mg cubes, the apple compote is in cubes and the sorbet is in a tub

I didn’t watch the video, but as long as you are adding the cannabis part to the oil, part of the recipe you’ll have even distribution.

This is infused simple syrup using xanthan and acacia gums to bind the cannabis oil to the sugar/water

Any thoughts by anyone that has watched the video
I will give it another day or two to see if there is any feedback then pull the videos from YouTube
Just trying to see if there is any interest
Do a lot of things with this product and it does not hit as hard as oil passing through the liver
This makes it a good med for day time
The high is not as “sleepy”

1 Like

Cannabis is 1 of gods super foods. Seeds full of nutrition. Oil edible and usable as an industrial lubricant. Plant fibers for textiles. Animal feed. STONY!! …LOL. that being said…I infuse with a Levo2. Can dry/decarb/infuse. Wifi. It works amazing.

1 Like

I’ve had my eye on that device for a bit now…