Lenth of grow and harvest

about how many days from seed to harvest, to grow white widow auto and White widow feminized

@Royc Your looking at 8-9 weeks of flowering time for both autos or photos
The auto will start flowering in most case around week 3-4 from seed
And photos will flower when you switch to 12-12 normally 4-6 wewks of veg not including the two wewks of sprout and seedling stage or if outdoors when fall day light hours reduces enough to start the flowering process

1 Like

really not much of a difference Thank you @Countryboyjvd1971

1 Like

No big difference in flower time the difference is in veg time that where youll save time
I personally perfer photos but do grow autos with them just to have something to harvest while waiting for the photos to finish
@Royc

6 Likes

@Countryboyjvd1971 great Idea to grow together. I’ll try that on the 2nd grow, too nervous about growing, to try it on my first though.

2 Likes

All good i would recommend a photo for your first grow then @Royc
You have more control and if something goes wrong you have time to recover while in veg
With autos they do what they want to and veg window is smaller :wink:

1 Like

Did I understand that you have 8-9 weeks on flower maturity fir an auto? Plus the four weeks to veg? If so that means it really takes a bit more time than the seed companies advertise? Three part question. Apologies.

1 Like

I got a white widow auto going right now that didn’t start to flower until I dropped my light schedule down, 2 months into vegg, right now, today marks 62 days into flower and probably have another 3 weeks to go. But, this is the end product

that was from a few weeks ago. It’s a lot bigger now

8 Likes

Nice, 4 months old ? @HornHead

1 Like

Nice size plant - size of pot ???

I’ve found it is best to add 2 weeks minimum to the suggested finishing times. But ultimately it depends on what type of meds you are looking for (I.E. couch lock high / upbeat high) if you are looking for a couchlock high it will generally take a longer fowering time of you are looking for an upbeat high you could harvest earlier on.

2 Likes

I may harvest a limb three weeks before, two week and the ripe to see what I like. Ive read that the last 3 weeks is when she puts on most of weight. What is your opinion?

1 Like

What soil, lights and nutes please.

1 Like

Still deciding on the automatic or the photo.I have a mars hydro II 700w, 283 true watts draw 3x3x6 tent flower power nutes ffof soil

2 Likes

@Royc @Happy_Pappy 7 gallon pot, I’ll tag you both in so you can check it out

1 Like

Hey Hornhead, nice plant, real nice. I’ve got a question for you if you don’t mind? I read somewhere that its not a good idea to top, film, or do any high stress training to autos because of the quick veg cycle. But looking at your awesome place I can see you did some type of topping, and training. I’m a first time grower that hasn’t even sprouted my first plant yet (just started a Bubble Gum auto). What are your recommendations when it comes to autos and topping and training. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

If your plant, auto, is growing vigorously, at least 4 sets of nodes, some say 5 by the end of 14 days, go for it. But I will only top once, only last after. And to get someone attention, I just stumbled on your question, put @greenleaf

O.K. Thanks. I’m still figuring this forum out. Thank you for your reply too.

I agree they do pack on some weight towards the end. I recommend getting a scope so that you check the trichomes, that way you don’t harvest to early.

2 Likes

Just a heads up that fox farm ocean Forrest can have quite a bit of nutrients already in the soil so you might not need to feed them for a while.

1 Like