Lemon Kush - DWC

I’m sorry, I’ve been extremely sick and haven’t been handling it well. I apologize. I will try to update today for everyone, I’m sorry.

She’s grown so big, so you’ll be blown away.
:evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree::v:

3 Likes

I have been wondering…you have mentioned health recently

Get well soon! :mask:

1 Like

don’t apologize for being sick Treez…ya gotta do you first brother,…get well, we shall anxiously await the pics when you are better.

3 Likes

I’m with Oak, no need to be sorry!

It was some humor for me to get over the aggravation of being so far behind on new topics.

Please take care of yourself and I will use patience. My prayers go out for your recovery.

1 Like

Get well. Had bad bug run through our house 3 weeks ago and I’m still not fully right yet

Can tell your plants straight away @ktreez420. I pull mine over like yours now. Cant believe i didnt do it earlier.
Great job matee

1 Like

Just wanted to chime in with the hydro people. W/O your help I would have probably given up on dwc, As my knowledge from here increases, so has my success rate. I AM sure that seeds from ILGM will be great quality and am looking forward to my next order. My only regret is not finding the site and forum sooner. The sales cannot be beat. (I know, I tried)

2 Likes

Thank you so much guys, it means a lot to me to see that you all care about my health. So here’s an update, since it’s been so long.

I was feeling sick for three weeks. I thought it was flu, mono, stomach virus, etc. so I was just waiting it out until I got better. I don’t have insurance, so I wasn’t trying to go pay to see a doctor. After 3 weeks of feeling sick, I finally realized that there’s no way it was just being sick, and that it was something internally going on. So I caved in, and went to my local ER. My girl friend and mom wouldn’t stop nagging me about it, and made me realize that they were right, money is just money, but my health is much more important. I couldn’t walk 2 feet without being out of breathe. My stomach was in constant pain. I just didn’t feel right, and I wasn’t eating. In 3 weeks I lost 30 pounds. I’m a skinny guy, always have been, but I became sickly skinny.

Once in the ER, they checked my blood sugar, and immediately knew what was going on. I was in DKA, which is Diabetic Ketoacidosis. 2 out of 5 people die from this. I’m not a diabetic, and I eat healthy for the most part, and I’m very fit. My blood sugar was at 497, which is insanely high for a 26 year old like me. They got me on 2 IVs, and started an insulin drip. After one night and tons of blood work, they discovered my pancreas had stopped producing insulin. I was diagnosed as a type 1 diabetic on November 20th. My life was forever changed.

I spent 3 days in the ICU, and had to see multiple doctors, as well as nutrionists, diabetic educators, and case workers. I’ve never been more overwhelmed or stressed in my life. Every day I have to check my blood sugar, multiple times. Every day I have to take insulin shots, multiple times. Every day I have to count my carbs, and watch exactly what I eat, and portion my food too. It sucks so bad guys, it was something I never had to worry about. I’m 6’1 and have never weighed over 175 pounds. I have a high metabolism, and could always eat whatever I wanted and never had to worry about what I was eating. I always loved fruits and veggies, so eating healthy isn’t something new to me. But all of this has been really hard to grasp and fully understand. What happened to me can happen to anyone, there is no cause for what happened. That’s the worst part. Also, it’s been extremely stressful because I don’t have insurance, and just to see my doctor yesterday cost me $100.

I apologize for not updating my threads, but I’ve honestly neglected my plants all together. I couldn’t gather the strength to tend to my plants while sick. I only kept them watered. Surprisingly, they’re all doing great. I haven’t done a bucket change it probably a month, but some how they’re still thriving. I promise I’ll get some updated pictures up this week for everyone. If anyone has any helpful advice I would love to hear it, and I appreciate any prayers or good vibes sent my way. I’ll be checking the threads and try to catch up with everyone. And again, I apologize to anyone who’s tagged me for some info or advice and I never got back to anyone, I will do my very best to catch up with everything!

I love you guys, thank you in advance for supporting me in my time of need!

6 Likes

Life happens…

Wow! Of course there really isn’t anything I could say that could help. I gratefully offer up my prayers for you!

I noticed one time, searching strains, that one or two mentioned helpful for diabetes. Snake oil, or are there actually some strains that can affect blood sugar? I don’t know, but it’s something you could look into.

They call it the silent killer for a reason. Fit, unfit, skinny, fat…it doesn’t matter. It may get me one day as well. I’m like you with insurance and money.

May He comfort you through this trial with those that love you…

1 Like

I told my doctors and nurses right away that I smoked weed daily, and they all said it has nothing to do with what happened, and that it doesn’t effect my blood sugar so I shouldn’t be worried. Which is awesome, because smoking helps take my stress away and calm me down. I get upset sometimes thinking about everything and trying to comprehend that this is real and not a dream.

But at least I got 26 years of living diabetes free. Just happy to be alive. I was so bad when I went into the ER that the nurses said I could have went into a coma at any moment. My blood pH was 7.01 which is almost deadly. I got lucky, but also really unlucky.

Thank you @FloridaSon for caring and sending prayers my way, I really appreciate that!

3 Likes

avoid splenda… I recently read a study that shows that while splenda itself does not affect your blood sugar…it apparently bonds with any other sugars you eat and causes your blood levels to sky rocket… I found this while doing some research for my own health issues and most in the medical community do not know anything about it just yet as it was a tiny study just done a short time back…I am sure there will be more in time. pretty sure you can find the study with a google search. glad you are okay

2 Likes

Damn man glad you’re betterish. I had a trip to the re back in July having reaction to titanium dioxide. I don’t like hospitals.

2 Likes

@ktreez420. I was in a diabetic coma & hospitalized for 9 days a few months ago. Same story initially 20 years ago as yours. Cheapest blood sugar test strips and meter are “ReliOn” at Walmart. If money is low, the insulin manufacturers have program for free insulin for a year at a time. I had run out of insulin, so ended up in hospital. Now I get 6 months of my insulin shipped at a time for no cost. Damn nice of them. Once I got home from hospital, my rockwool drip system had been off, as well as lights, for entire time. I still have 1 brutal survivor that refuses to die. She had some buds that have grown and then plant was sent back into veg as she tried to survive. Then I found forum. My little AK47 is now budded with sprouts coming from top of buds. So I clipped off 2/3 of bottom of the buds, leaving the new monster-crop growth on a 32 inch plant. I remembered seeing something about rooting a full grown branch, so I put a piece of sponge soaked in Clonex and water, cut a slit in sponge, and wrapped entire area with plastic. Hoping to be able to root the end colas while still on plant, then cut and transplant into hydro. Ah, but I am rambling.

5 Likes

Welcome back my friend

sorry to hear about your trials, and you too @bryan

1 Like

Ramble on, bro…encouragement gets us through the hard times.

Just a thought…

Since you’ve joined a club that no member wanted to join, would you be interested in starting a topic in the lounge?

It’s clear that you’re not the only one here directly connected to this curse. It could lead to being a great help for many here.

Just a thought…

3 Likes

Shit @ktreez420. Not good my mate. Im natually a skinny man also. Id look like death if i lost that much weight to.
You will be in my families prayers mate. We will pray for you and your wife. Hope use soldiers on through this tough time.

3 Likes

Hey @ktreez420 makes me feel better knowing you are still around. Hope ya are doing better and back on track.

1 Like

Thanks @bryan, that means a lot dude!

2 Likes

Hey, you were first one to start teaching me hydro. Never forget your first instructor!!!

2 Likes