Lemon Kush - DWC

What’s up guys, I’m starting another journal for my newest strain that is starting in my DWC setup. I germinated the seed on 9/5, and after two days it was planted in a solo cup to sprout (9/7). Today I transplanted her from the solo cup and into her own 5 gallon DWC bucket. I’m excited to see her get big and stretch her legs! Here are some pictures.

7 Likes

I’m feeding her General Hydroponics Flora nutrients. For additives I’m using GH Cal-Mag, Botanicare HydroGuard, RAW OminA, GH FloraNectar, GH FloraLicious Plus, and GH Rapid Start.

PPM is @ 600 and pH is 5.8 :evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree::v:

2 Likes

@ktreez420,

Thank you my friend for your help.
As you know I’m a soil guy. But I have been researching this type of grow.
But anyway, Thanks for your input.
If I could i’d give out a bage for ya, it would be for
( appreciation )

Will

4 Likes

@ktreez420,

Thank you my friend for your help.
As you know I appreciate your help as you know I’m a soil guy. But I have been researching this type of grow.
But anyway Thanks for your input.
If I could give you’re a bages it would be for
( appreciation )

Will

2 Likes

I always appreciate your thankfulness Will, and I’m ALWAYS here to help you out, as well as any other members who might need help too! I was actually just looking at the badges lol, I’m the only one with the “Higher Love” badge haha! :evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree::v:

4 Likes

Are you serious or just kidding ?

Will.

4 Likes

Tonight I decided to try a heavy LST on my Lemon Kush girl. A simple metal hook that was screwed into the lid of my net pot did the trick, all I had to do was crush the stem and bend it down. Also, I topped this plant 2 days ago, it’s already got two new branches growing out!

In one week she should be trained into this position and have new growth from the main stalk!
:evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree::v:

3 Likes

Im watching this grow. Ive gone through alot of your stuff and i like what i see. This inparicular. Good luck. I love dwc.

1 Like

After one day since Super Cropping and LST. Here are pictures

It’s amazing how quickly they grow in DWC!

2 Likes

Updated picture from tonight!

The pictures never really do the girls justice!

4 Likes

Updated picture from tonight.

She got her water change and is looking very happy and healthy!

3 Likes

Very happy and healthy. Great looking plants. I hope mine can grow nice like yours. Bloody good job. Nice lst

1 Like

Looking good. I’m soil right now but I am considering dwc but hydro scares me. Lots to go wrong :blush:

1 Like

Looking great. Question on getting seedling into media. How do you go about it without smashing?

Again thanks and have an awesome day with plants, light and lighter

@scowners Don’t be scared dude, trust me, it’s much easier than you would think. I used to be intimidated too, and didn’t think I’d be able to grow in hydro without killing my girls. But after 6 months of hydro I have it dialed in and it’s so much easier, in my opinion, than growing in soil. I did awful in soil, from bugs to deficiencies. Hydro is the way to go in my opinion. I grow plants faster, healthier, and without any frustrations to hold them back.

@Givemefire what do you mean when you say “without smashing” lol? Do you mean, how do I get the plant in there without smashing the roots? Or, how do I place the hydroton over my roots in the net pot?

I personally have been learning how to sprout a seed without anything holding onto it, then being able to transplant into a DWC bucket without any stress at all. But usually I’ll grow a plant in a solo cup, then once she’s old enough I will transplant her from the cup of soil into my DWC setup. You just gently place your plant into the net pot, and hold it there while you back fill the rest of the net pot with hydroton. Don’t over think it, it’s actually really simple to do! Never had roots or plant get smashed lol

Both of you, have a great day! Make sure to smile as much as possible!

3 Likes

Placing the plant into and covering with media going to be fun. Cool.
Thanks

2 Likes

Ive always done mine how @ktreez420 just explained. Solo cup n soil. Then pull back most soil and place gently into hydroton. Cover gently and thats it. They love there new home instantly.

1 Like

Update pictures

The Lemon Kush is growing great! Her main stalk has thickened up so much already, it’s awesome! Just look at the new growth on the stalk!

I had topped this plant before I did the LST, and when I check her last night I saw what looks like FOUR branches coming from the topping area. Meaning, did I actually do a FIM correctly?! We will see guys lol

2 Likes

Updated pictures

My Lemon Kush is looking great. She’s grown a lot since I last took a photo, but now her stalk has some nice branches growing up from it. I also super cropped the top of her so that she would grow even stronger at that bend where she’s staked down. It will give those new branches time to catch up as well. In the picture I tried to show how my topping effort actually was a successful FIM technique lol. It’s funny too because whenever I did actually try to FIM, it never worked. So now that I’m not trying to FIM, it works! Hopefully you’ll see what I’m talking about in this first picture.

3 Likes

OK, I finally get to this and no updates for 21 days? :cry:

Are you planning on screening her?

Off to play more catch up. Only 233 left to go!!!..:astonished:

2 Likes