Lemon Alien Dawg Usmcjojo

Those should be some really exciting strains to breed!

2 Likes

Thanks @dbrn32 I can’t wait I’ll have to catch the strawberry kush on another round she matured faster than the other plants. I should be able to get everyone even the autos.

1 Like

I guess it boils down to opinion. Some might think the pellets dry out to easy, some might like how the soil holds water better. I like leaving them to soak for 24 hours then plant directly into soil, but this time i went with the rapid rooters to change it up. I like how i can see how the roots are looking before i pot them up. @Onlythebest79

1 Like

Oddball question. Since someone mentioned ‘back-breeding’ or something. Can you try to get back to an original strain by breeding stuff out? Never even thinking about trying it, just thinking about thinking…

2 Likes

I think some breeders attempt this. In most cases back-breeding is a way to stablize the genes I think. The ‘cubed’ breeding technique where you breed a plant with itself a couple of times to solidify its genetics or something. I’m new to the breeding thing. :slight_smile:

But to answer your question, I wonder if you searched for “Colombian Gold” what you’d find. I know you can find a strain that is supposedly “1972 Colombian Gold”, for example.

Other breeders have recreated strains that they lost - I believe Cindy 99 is one of these strains.

3 Likes

EXACTLY!!!

In high school a loooooooong time ago, there was some skunk going around that was as good/better that anything I have found since. Smell, sticky, potent, home run. I bought the super-skunk strain from ILGM to see if it’s close. This was the weed that is my ‘pinnacle’. The one memorable batch that everything else tries to stack up to.
If you get my meaning.

3 Likes

I get your meaning. That’s why I’m taking up breeding myself. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

OK! Then breed me THAT skunk and send me some SEEEEEEDS! LOL

3 Likes

Skunk is a great example of a strain that breeders have recreated - or at least tried to. I have never smoked it so I can’t really tell you, but considering how many “original” skunk strains out there, you’d probably need to do some research to find the best ones to try. I think CK has a regular skunk seed that’s exactly like I mentioned above - a hybrid recreation of the 70s strain. Might be worth checking out!

1 Like

Duuuuude! This was amazing stuff! I bought a quarter-bag - that was one bud. This was in the late 70’s. It had 2 seeds and one sprouted. I planted it by a stream with good sunshine, and did nothing because there was no internet and I didn’t know better.

I harvested one bud - the size of a nerf football, and it lasted the whole summer between my junior and senior year. I was very popular.

3 Likes

Hell yes I love all this seed talk! It’s got me antsy waiting for theses damn things to take.

1 Like

Two more feedings and then I’m going to flush her and let her finish.

5 Likes

That is one frosty bud. Do you like harvesting early with little or no amber or later with 10-20% amber.

2 Likes

I usually like later but with this strain I like to do it a little earlier because it’s a great day time indica when you harvest early. @MAXHeadRoom

2 Likes

Most of my indica strains just make me sleepy, but I am a lightweight lol. I usually harvest at less than 10%. I bought some sativa to grow just so I could have something to smokeduring the day and not fall asleep. I bought the sativa mix pack from ILGM. This will be my next grow.

2 Likes

If you harvest early with strawberry kush at least ilgm strain it’s really mellow and doesn’t make you sleepy it’s very relaxing but also mind opening. Great daytime smoke, when harvested late it’s not a strong snoozer but you definitely won’t be motivated to do anything but relax and laugh. Also it can have effect on your libido but that varies from person to person and I mean positive effects if you know what I mean. @MAXHeadRoom

3 Likes

Time for a sample @dbrn32 @MAXHeadRoom

6 Likes

Who doesn’t love frosty samples?!

2 Likes

Right on the pizza stone she goes for 25 minutes at 190

2 Likes

Love that pizza stone man this stuff is great taste is going to be amazing once cured

5 Likes