Lemon Alien Dawg Usmcjojo

@Usmcjojo

Check Home Depot or ace hardware they both normally have it in stock. Home Depot being the lowest on the aluminum rail

1 Like

Yup looks about right! I have used the peel stick cable tie mounts and cable ties to help with cleaning up wiring too. Theyā€™re not necessary, but can be pretty handy. I think amazon had pack of 100 of both for around $7.

The 1/16ā€ walled aluminum will work if you canā€™t find anything else, but itā€™s really flimsy.

1 Like

If you can spare the extra for the 1/8 thick aluminum rail youā€™re going to be happier in the end

2 Likes

@dbrn32 @Onlythebest79 thanks guys canā€™t wait ordering the parts on Thursday.

2 Likes

Grainger and their sister company are the cheapest I have found for the aluminum angle. About 7$ per 8ā€™ sticks 3/4x 1/8 thickness

4 Likes

Ya thatā€™s a good price if you have one nearby.

1 Like

Thatā€™s exactly what I was thinking do you think they will cut it for me @Daddy my problem is getting 8 foot sticks in my Civic lol.

2 Likes

@Usmcjojo

If you can get you a pair of bulldog snips for like $15 buck thatā€™d be a great investment to cut the rail as thatā€™s what I use.

1 Like

Menards has a 6ā€™ 3/4 x 1/8 for $6.88 and it fits in the car. lol

Those seeds looked huge. Am I just seeing things

3 Likes

Hey does this wire work @MAXHeadRoom @dbrn32 @Onlythebest79

I just order my aluminum and let them ship it to me. Last time it was 7$ shipping for 9 sticks. And yes that wire will work if itā€™s solid core. Otherwise you will need to tin the ends.

5 Likes

Yup I agree. Itā€™s much easier to use solid conductor, that doesnā€™t appear to say. If itā€™s stranded youā€™re going to want to tin ends like @Daddy said

Iā€™ve actually been thinking about doing almost the exact same thing you mentioned with the quantum boards for a 2x4 veg tent build Iā€™m assembling. I may use less wattage per board, it being a veg tent, but the same idea of running them on the same heatsink and driver.
Iā€™m in love with the 2 hlg 320xl boards Iā€™ve got in the 5x5 flower tent.

3 Likes

@dbrn32 can you point me in the right direction for the wire Iā€™m having problems finding it

1 Like

Taken straight from my order history amigo

1 Like

I bet you could get away with running 2-3 around 50 watts to veg in 2x4. Good part about that is that you can get into a pretty cheap driver if you donā€™t mind giving up dimming function.

2 Likes

I was thinking about maybe a few hlg 65 boards would do. Iā€™m not particularly concerned about dimming the lower wattage boards in the veg tent, but itā€™s always nice to have options :wink:

2 Likes

@dbrn32 thanks for the help canā€™t wait to fire these bad boys up. So i can finally see what I can yeild with great lighting. Next week when everything gets in I will definitely be asking you for help. The extent of my electric experience is 4 months working construction as an electrician apprentice.

3 Likes

The qb 120 is the board used on the hlg-65. Iā€™d probably shoot for around 50 watts per board with two, or drop current a little if you go with 2 or more for veg.

1 Like

Awesome!

No problem at all, wiring them isnā€™t a big deal at all. I would say youā€™ll spend a lot more time and effort getting frame together than anything else. Once that stuff is done, itā€™s piece of cake.

2 Likes