LeggyLims Not a tomatoe

I planted my granddaddy purple on 3-8-21 in a growing tent with Full Spectrum LED lighting. 3000K-4000k The plant sprouted in 3 days and has been growing ever since. A few days ago I noticed the plant appeared to be leggy and upon closer inspection, I noticed the top of the stem under the uppermost leaves was thicker than the lower stem. Throughout the stem continued to grow thicker and overnight the thickness went down to the last set auxiliary leaf.
Since the initial planting I have been giving it small amounts of water each day.Will the stem continue to thicken or my concerns unwarrented ?
Thanks for any help and suggestions you can provide.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum @Melen_Jahblip
A photo would be of great help
Best guess is overwatering. Damping off causes the stem near to ground to atrophy.
But pictures and further info will help determine whats happening.

1 Like

Welcome to the community !

Thats odd. Does not look like a water problem.
You are going to have to transplant very soon anyway so perhaps you should do that now.
When you do, bury that lower stem leaving the baby leaves about 1/2 inch above the ground.
It should catch up in girth. Cannabis has a lot of ability to correct itself.

1 Like

Upon your suggestions about transplanting, what size/type of container would you suggest based on the size of my plant. I plan on growing inside until temperatures increase living in zone 6. I’m using the roots organic soil fromHTG Supply.

1 Like

Not sure. Nice feedback @Spiney_norman @kellydans Could have happened during photo perhaps…? Doesn’t seem to be of great concern; however, do be sure not to over water. Would be interested in knowing your thoughts @blackthumbbetty @bob31

1 Like

Keep up the grow. Takes plenty time and patience.

Definitely a little weird I’m with spiney go ahead and Transplant into 5 gallon fabric pot and backfill stem leave about a 1/2 inch. She should be fine.

1 Like

Agree…5 gallon

1 Like

Thanks for all the comments.

1 Like

1 Like

what should I do the lower leaves has started yellowing. I plan to transplant in the morning. Any thoughts?

@Spiney_norman @kellydans @blackthumbbetty @bob31 @Moringa

1 Like

Your plant looks good ,that’s normal the two little single leafs will eventually fall off .

My recent pics. Notice the tip on the lower leaves that have yellow and brown coloring on thier tips. Any cause for concern. I also want your thoughts on the food I will be giving them on thursday when I plan to water them. I chose these foods that I use in my veg garden. This will be the first time adding nutrients. Started on 3/8/21 is it too soon to start nutrients?

1 Like

Not too sure about those nutes. The lady looks nice though. Keep it up. Maybe a few folks that have used those products in the past could assist. Any thoughts? @kellydans @Spiney_norman @StillSmokin @Ryansway

2 Likes

Your plant looks happy ! Have not used the product. I’m not sure if it would be the best choice for cannabis . In veg stage I like to use more nitrogen and less P K . Let’s see what other community members think.
Good luck

1 Like

What is going on with the browning on the leaf, Is it due perhaps from being too close to the light or an indication of needing to be fed. I hesitated to start feeding as stated in the previous thread. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like