Leggy Seedling?

Hi, this is my first ever grow so I don’t really know what to look for but I am wondering if these seedlings are leggy? They broke soil yesterday morning. I have a HLG 260xl and it was about 24" above the surface. I just moved it to about 18"

Thanks!

5 Likes

They are a bit stretchy but them stems look sturdy. Seems like they stretched into their happy place now.I’d suggest Starting them in smaller containers As it gives you wiggle room to bury any extra stem As you pot up

1 Like

I should have mentioned, these are autoflowers and I was told DO NOT TRANSPLANT! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@3dots nice light, that is a powerful light and seedling don’t need much. I had to back my HLG off to 30" because my nodes was so tightly pack. It gave them no reason to grow upwards ,because they already had all the light they needed. Every grow is different so feel it out.The drivers have a adjustment screw on it.

2 Likes

I’ve never grown before so I don’t know what to look for. Guess we’ll see… :grinning: :sob:

Dude I’m still learning also, start a grow journal and add this ILGM Support Ticket to the top. There are tons of helpful people here

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

ILGM Support Ticket:

What is the strain and type(unknown bag seed, strain name, regular seeds, feminized seeds, auto-flower, etc)?

Indoor or Outdoor? If outdoor, planted

in ground or in a container?

Size of space (max height and area, length/width)?

Soil or Hydro? Type of Medium used? System type?

pH? Of the soil or medium (root zone/reservoir/run-off) and of the water and/or nutrient mix that is fed to the plant?

Type and strength of nutrients used? NPK? EC/TDS/PPM levels? Of what you feed it as well as what is in the water by itself and in the soil/medium (run-off), or reservoir.

Temperature? Day vs. night temp or highest and lowest temps? Root zone temps?

Humidity %? Day vs. night

Light system/watts/lumens/FLUX/PAR?

Ventilation system? Size? CFM? CO2? AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier?

Number “weeks/days” from into Season, Vegetative Growth or
Bloom/flowering?

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but try to be brief and to the point. Short and to the point questions and/or facts will help us help you

1 Like

Thanks will do. I giggle everytime someone on here calls me dude. I am in fact, a lovely lady :female_detective:

5 Likes

OH I’m sorry ,You are going to like it here at ILGM .Women get a lot of attention

Dudette :v:

2 Likes

Oh man, I promise not to abuse it. :crossed_fingers:t4:

1 Like

@blackthumbbetty and @Missiles and @AfgVet are also ladies.

4 Likes

A bit stretchy, but not terribly. Is your light on full blast? If so, that 18" could hurt the babies.

You can always pile up a bit of medium around the stem. That has the added benefit of allowing your plant to add more roots from the stem.

5 Likes

Thanks, the light is at 50%. I’ll pile up a little bit of soil. Thanks for the tip.

3 Likes

Hi, I’m pretty new too… but regarding transplanting autos, I had two that I kept indoors, first they were in starter pods, then little plastic containers, under a light in the house until they got good and sturdy, a few sets of leaves and the roots were coming out of the bottom of the plastic pots. Then I put them in 5 gallon fabric pots, put them outside, and they are going gang busters. Haven’t had any trouble with them whatsoever (other than a couple of pests I had to pick off at night, lol)! I think the key is to make sure the plant is good and sturdy, and then don’t disrupt the roots. I cut away my little plastic containers and kept the roots and existing soil intact for the move. Just my experience, but it did work.

1 Like

BTW, what do you mean by adding a support ticket to the top?

Are you making this your grow journal, a mod can move it .Or are you starting a new one.

A support ticket goes at the beginning , it shows anyone who is trying to help, your variables. Copy and paste the one I posted a day ago.

No, I made a grow journal…Grow Journal

Nice ,you are good to go

1 Like