Left for a few weeks. Now thing a are out of control

Hi all. Plants are way to big and im about to flip into flower. Any ideas on how to manage the flower stretch? These girls are almost hitting the lights

6 Likes

Start tieing those ladies down.

7 Likes

I totally agree with the tiedown.

4 Likes

The picture, although funny, doesn’t explain what you mean. Would you be so kind as to elaborate on the tie-down?

1 Like

Supercrop. Works well. Flippem and crop them towards end of stretch. They will turn up and heal and there is your canopy. Will not go vertical anymore. They will flower there.

3 Likes

Think of it as aggressive LST. You need to bend the plants over to a height that will allow room to stretch during flower. With supercropping, you “crush” to soften the stalk/branches so that you can bend it over 90 deg. and tie it down so it won’t straighten out(it will try). The new growth will then grow toward the lights and produce your colas.

4 Likes

You could also cut them back to the height you want and have a spitload of potential clones to deal with.

7 Likes

That’s what Id do

Maybe invest in some hedge trimmers :joy: :grin:

3 Likes

Try to get a somewhat even canapy so light can get to plants. What @Storm @HMGRWN said. Look up lst and hst. Super cropping. An addictive hobby. Lol

4 Likes

I would also cut or top them to the height you want and even the canopy. You’ll have lots of bud to deal with, but that’s nothing to complain about :wink::call_me_hand:t3:

5 Likes

@MattyBear @HMGRWN @Dave101

Last night was the first night of 12/12. Should I change the light cycle back to 16/8 before I top or can I top on day 2 of flower cycle? Lights turn off im 90 min.

I would go back to veg light cycle, top and give them a few day, then flip

2 Likes

@Dave101 @MattyBear @HMGRWN @GreggT

So one night of a different light cycle won’t mess things up,

FYI. For scale. These are in 30gallon pots with 8’ ceilings :person_facepalming:

@BobbyDigital @PurpNGold74 @beachglass @Bulldognuts

Sorry to be the guy @ing everyone. I have 30 min to make a decision. Last night I changes the light cycle from 16/8 to 12/12. If the right path is to cut these back and even out the canopy I assume it’s safer to do in veg. After just one night of 12/12 can I switch the cycle back to veg without any and effects?

2 Likes

So what was the decision. Flip back or move on.

@Kuma00 I’d put the lights back on a veg cycle 18/6 when you trim and leave it there until new growth appears. Then flip’em back to 12. I think allowing them to get reorganized first will allow the flower period to be all about flower and not repair.

3 Likes

Not just one night. Forget about it like nothing happened.

3 Likes

@GreggT @Dave101 @MattyBear @Storm @HMGRWN @DRsDank

Thanks everyone. I changed back to veg. I am definitely nervous about cutting these down even tho they are so tall. Is there best practice for where to cut?

4 Likes

:grimacing:

So the plants are around 5-6 ft. from soil level? :straight_ruler:

I would probably make them 4 or 4+1/2 ft. tall (from top of soil) as long as they have healthy growth there. The flower stretch will probably be 24+ inches :arrow_up:, so need at least that much vertical growing space. :arrow_up_down:

2 Likes