LEDs Vs LEC (Donaldj)

she’s catching up :wink: at only 5 days into transition

18 days under LED

9 Likes

@Fairieswear8oots the topic is over here

1 Like

@Donaldj look at you buddy trying some blurpule lights lol looks great buddy can’t wait to see how well you like them if possible lol😉

1 Like

We’ll see so far my SS is catching up fast under the LEC but limbs are already starting to harden off so stretch is almost at an end WW had size advantage at start. It’s far more even now I would like to see the WW pull 4oz to be in contention with the WW I harvested week ago which came out at 5oz grade A and 2oz larf trim. In 7 gal and roughly size it is I average 3oz A and usually 2oz oil grade so that is really what it has to compete with to be a permanent addition :wink:
My yields tend to be lower due to my lower growing temps which can be in 66f with lights on in winter I have a ton of adjustments to make this summer. Tricky getting temps perfect in a building with no heat this winter was mostly a test to see what needed fixing and have a few simple changes in mind

11 Likes

Think the Grafting project is going to be biggest change if I can pull it off I will be able to contain all my plants in 1 main space which makes it simpler to contain and recover heat

2 Likes

I really hope that works out that is so cool i love watching

1 Like

Have you grafted marijuana before? I didn’t know you could, although I love your plan for it.

1 Like

Had 1 graft take while I was in just fooling around with the idea phase likely sheer fluke :wink: I have changed my technique and built a high humidity chamber as well as Mainlined a plant just to graft to but it’s learning for me too
Actually quite tricky because most common uses of grafting and grafts are done with trees or incredibly young plants most of my mothers are old and my cool temps tend to lead to plants hardening off even young.

4 Likes

Thanks @Donaldj great topic!
Set to watching
:eyes:

2 Likes

Will update LED picture tomorrow

8 Likes

@Fairieswear8oots was it this light thread?

1 Like

@Donaldj I have to ask I do have it booked marked, But, what is GRAFT, I hope its not just grafting as in working lol?

1 Like

I have a thread explaining :wink:

2 Likes

@Covertgrower
Yes👍

1 Like

Droopy lmao took picture than watered 20 min later here she is

I would have to say they are pretty even at this point with the Lec 12 days and Led 25 days into flower still time LEC to catch up entirely

10 Likes

Doing pretty good for 4 weeks since flip feeding with PK boost in next day or so

11 Likes

They’re looking phenomenal @Donaldj although I’m not sure if I can tell the differences of the LED or LEC.
EDIT… Necermind. :wink:

1 Like

Looking good!

Do you also give pk boost sometime around transition? I’ve always liked veg nutes going into stretch, but kinda tinkered some with dropping to about half strength there around a week after flip. Then running pretty much standard dose of bloom and bringing ppm back up with additional pk.

Can’t say it worked or didn’t, still a long way from that. But I didn’t see anything real negative.

I give them about week then a dose of Bud blood which is a PK injection but too much too early and buds harden off and don’t expand and stretch simply stops equaling dense canopy with reduced airflow and nodes :wink: I am feeding a base Bloom feed but I wait to add boosters till 3-4 weeks after flip when flowers are in full development and plant is drinking at consistent rate, easy to burn if you dose too early and want plants to consume bulk of N which hinders bud growth. Lower PPM so they don’t drink it up like a kid with a slurpy on a hot day a shock or burn early can cost 20% on your yield

7 Likes

Ok thanks! I’ve heard of people shooting pk up right at flip to purposely try and control stretch. Have never really tried to do that, or feel like I’ve seen it. But my extent has been just knocking off a couple ml of grow nutes and replacing with a couple ml of pk 13/14 at about a week or so after flip. Then pretty much following schedule until it actually suggests pk boost. But I also have been feeling like I do a little better keeping nitrogen up a little later.

I know I need to kind of tread lightly there, but don’t really feel like I’ve been burned yet. Before the knew any better I was using heavy nitrogen calmag late. When I switched to nitrogen free it seemed like what I assumed was necrosis set in pretty early. Rather than go back, I started giving veg nutes longer. That’s pretty much where I left off. I don’t feel I experienced the harshness a lot of people seem to claim. So not sure if I’m teetering on the edge there, or maybe a lot of what I thought I understood was wrong.

2 Likes