LED's ? help - which are good

wow !! worth a look

Yea ! budget !!!

what led wattage 700 ?

1 Like

maybe Kind LED’s are the answer then !

1 Like

I don’t know about that. Another member is struggling with a failed kind light right now.

But I would definitely advise to look for something with a little more red within the spectrum if you plan on going full spectrum. If not this will do.

1 Like

@steve2
Several members on here are having great results with this light.
I have two of the 1200 watt and I’m very pleased plus they have a 3 year warranty
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0185OLBPK/ref=sxts_1?tag=greenrel-20

2 Likes

The light @hillbilly103 linked provides a much better portion of the red spectrum. What kind of veg time are running and yeild are getting with this light?

@dbrn32
My grow is just starting but talking with members and reading reviews I’m amazed. Some awesome buds grown with these lights. There light footprint is a full 5x3 at 24"

5 Likes

Sounds pretty good! If you’re running a journal could you please tag me when you get a chance?

Galaxy hydro screwed me out of a 4 liter bottle of hygrozyme. I refuse to buy anything from them. Hopefully they are better now

@steve2

yeah I think you’ll want about 350 true Watts. So I’m a believer in whatever gets you there.

I’m running the 600 Vipar and a 1000 no name brand in a 4x4. My total true Watts are about 450. I’m thinking of getting another 300W to put to the other side to balance the footprint a little better.

2 Likes
1 Like

Hey Steve I have a 1000w full spectrum viper in a 2x3x6 space and my last grow turned out great. Good luck my friend.

1 Like

I am by no means an expert, truly a noob, but have 2 of the 300w Rolyeadro full spectrum now and this is the tallest, most stretching Grow I’ve had. At first I thought it was the genetics of the Northern Lights i’m growing but my ILGM Gold Leaf is doing the same. In my limited experience I think these lights are awesome for vegging but I’m not seeing any better results in flowering weeks 1-4 than I had prior to adding 2 of these so I’m considering a light source specifically for flowering and have MUCH to learn. With the size of my plants in this grow and the quality of the organic nutes I’m using, I am hoping for a bigger yield than my last two grows (average 2.5 oz per plant). But looking at the size of my buds now I think they look relatively the same as prior grows so I think I will do about the same or slightly better. I not planning on adding more lights, but rather keep in these for future grows in the veg state, which gives me time to research and save for a high quality flowering light. I’d really like to set the future goal at 4 oz per plant.

1 Like

What you’re saying makes a lot of sense. I think the roleadro lights are very heavy in the red, so that’s probably what caused all that stretch. That being said, you probably want to save these lights to flower with, and have your next light be heavier in blue light wavelengths for veg. I’ll explain.

I think the reason you’re not getting the bud structure is due to the stretch. As you’re plants stretched, you probably had to keep raising your light right? As you raised light, the intensity of the light was concentrated on the very top of plant, causing it to stretch more, and you raise light more, which really just compounds the issue. You’re buds didn’t respond as expected due to distance from the light compensating for the stretch. Does that make sense?

If you want to see what I’m referring to, look through some journals of people using the viparspectra lights. Those are heavy in blue, unlike your roleadro. You will typically see a nice bushy tight node spacing in veg phase from them. That’s pretty much the difference between veging with heavy blue vs heavy red. After you get the the veg growth you’re looking for, add or switch to your roleadro lights. You’ll get the expected stretch then, about doubling in height. That’s pretty normal. The fact that you’ll be doing this from a tight bushy plant will make all the difference.

Hopefully that helps!

1 Like

thanks - what do you recommend ?

what size for a 3.5 by 3.5 - 600 ? 1 or 2 ?

So help - then Kind Led’s would be better because of the flower lighting ? also heard that heat is a issue with Kind led’s ? was thinking of the viparspectra for price but the end results are of great importance but will cost more using the Kind Leds’

seems like most led’s are very good in veg stage but flower stage lighting is questionable ?

@steve2 full spectrum LEDs are the direction grow lighting is going. 2, 600s would be awesome

1 Like