LED Questions from a newb

I’m using a “Mars Hydro TSW 2000 LED Grow Light + 4’x4’ Indoor Tent”. And I’m finding that I have the newer version of the model, it has two different power buttons one that just makes it one heavy light setting, the other that allows me to use the dimmer to set a %. I’ve found allot of mixed information using google trying to figure out a good distance to keep from my seedlings, and what the two power buttons mean exactly ect. As a new member I would love to get any sort of information on this if any at all.
I had my light 10 inches away from the soil when they where put into soil from seeds, then when sprouted I put it up to about 23inch. I’ve got two clip fans going and the heats been under 80% at all times and above 75% but only because I’ve used the one power option to allow me to dim it to where it is at a good temp. I have them in a dome currently also in the tent. Sorry for the butchered topic of questions lol but hopefully someone will be able to help me with this…

That’s too close for seedlings u want to be 20 to 24 inches with a ts2000 at seedling…
I’m sorry I see u did exactly that… you dont need much light till flower

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply!
Yeah as soon as they sprouted I put it up to 23inch. But even then it’s at about 65%

Temps and humidity in domes 80% is perfect… u wanna get humidity in flower room down to atleast 50 by end of flower… gradually drop from begining of flower to emd

1 Like

Awesome.

Another question would be , I have 6 of them in pixi cups, at what point should I transplant them into a larger container? And can it be their 5 gal bags when I do so?

After the leaves surpass the edge is a good rule of thumb

1 Like

Awesome thank you for the solid info. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So do u have any pics we can see. We all love looking at other gatdens as well as helping lol. Here is one of mine

Here is a 2x2x2x2x4 tent with 1 plant and i have a spare bathroom i do autos in. Welcome enjoy and habe fun.

4 Likes

There is no need to guess when using quantum board lights.

Go get yourself an app for your phone and you can test the amount of light you are giving your plants. The PAR meter apps have been determined to be accurate when using a paper diffuser over the lens…

On 18/6 schedule, seedling need 200-300 PPFD, veg at 400-700 PPFD. And when you switch your lights to 12/12 you need 600-800 PPFD.

1 Like

I have your light. The non dimmable setting is for daisy hailing several lights and having one be the master to control the dimming of others. If you’re just running the one set it on the dimmable setting so you have control and right now I’m running mine at 50% and 24 inches for young plants for mine its got them growing without the stretch.

You’re going to want another of those to take full advantage of that space.
Welcome to the group

1 Like

Is there a specific app you like most? I am using Android and grabbed the PPFD Meter | Plant Grow Light Meter | LUX DLI as soon as I saw your message. Also I’ve been running the lights on the seedlings 24 hours I’ve got allot of mixed information on that, is it best to give them a night cycle this young?

I’m sorry I have no idea what “daisy hailing” means.
With the light I’ve been fluxing from 50%-75% depending the heat. But now I know I can use an app to check the PPF.

I use iPhone app called Photone

2 Likes

It means linking ur lights together, setup one n look at ur board r controller usually on the top of light, there’s ethernet connections to link them together. Ur light should have the connecting cord n with ur light, looks like a phone connection. If u get another linkable light u would plug ur second light to the first with the ethernet cord, switch ur first light to whatever setting to control both lights. Depending on the who makes the light, determines what kind of cord connects the lights, I used ethernet connection as a generic term…:+1::+1::v: :alien:

2 Likes

He meant to type Daisy Chaining. Meaning connecting multiple lights together.

2 Likes

Lol, sorry didnt spell check." Daisy chaining" was meant. That extra phone type cable that came with the light enables 1 light dimmer to control several.

1 Like

Thanks yall for the clarification.

1 Like

Oh that’s awesome, you all gave me more info so far then I’ve been able to look up.

So another question is with my seedlings I’ve been keeping them at 24 hours of light based on what I’ve looked up, is this correct?

Thank you all so much for the responses on my LED questions I’ve been stressing over not knowing what that was all about until you all just basically explained it lol

This is them. They’re GDP seeds from ilgm grown in happy frog soil.

1 Like

I did however remove the seeds hangin on to the ladies after taking this photo lol

1 Like