LED Lighting in my 3 x 3 tent

I have another question. I have a 3 x 3 spider farms tent with one sf1000, I just ordered a vs1000 from Vivosun. Should I use both of these in the tent? I want to put two 5 gallon fiber buckets in tent and want to ensure enough light.
I am a little nervous about using electricity with using two in line duct fans for intake and exhaust, humidifier, small oscillating fan in tent. I heard this will alert electric co and they will call the cops. I am not sure if this is true or not. I am not concerned about money for electric just co informing police.

1 Like

You will want at least both lights for flowering. This is extremely small grow to be worried about police from the power consumption. A small electric heater would pull more power than your grow tent.

5 Likes

Use both, one over each plant, and no need to worry about electric company calling the cops because you’re bill goes up a few dollars.
If you have city trash pick-up though, make sure you run a carbon filter when in flower and/or make freinds with your trash guy by leaving them a cold drink from time to time and a xmas card with a little cash in it :grin:.
Gets you good service and if they ever smell it they are less likely to say anything. Whatever you do dont ever piss them off :rofl: .

Don’t ask me how i know, i just do :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

Thank you for the replies. I do have filters on intake and exhaust duct fans. I also live at the NJ shore with plenty of salt air. I can’t wait for these plants to go into veg state.
Usually how long does it take for autoflowering Girl Scout Cookies to go from seedling to veg state and how do you know when veg state starts?
Sorry for so many questions, first time grower and refusing to pay such high rates for a z. As a disabled vet I have to watch my spending. I don’t mind spending for this equipment to make myself self sufficient. Just love my tent and love what I am learning.

2 Likes

Ask away my freind. If I or someone doesn’t answer soon we will eventually :slightly_smiling_face:
But autos don’t waist any time thats for sure.
Id say about soon as they get their first real set of leafs they are in veg, it can be just a week old and sometimes by week 2 they have already shown sex “tiny preflowers”.
Sometimes they can veg for a month before showing sex. Autos can be all over the place with time frames.
You can count on they grow and flower pretty quickly if you stay out of there way :wink:

Tie them over as they grow as to expose the lower branches and get them to grow upwards wuth the main top to greatly increase yeild…

If you got sone going, post sone pictures and let us see where your at, or do post some when you get them going :grin:

2 Likes

Just started in a 4x2 tent, only got one LED, about 150 watts, thinking i shouldve gone bigger, guess we’ll see. Got 4 in 3gal pots

3 Likes

Do you think two 5 gallon in 3x3 is too large or should I use two 3 gallon fiber buckets? Thanks Again for the info and advice!

1 Like

Did the garbage man narc on you?

1 Like

Imho, would depends on strain to me.
If it was a strain that griws small naturally then 3gal for sure. If its capable of getting large then i would do 5gal. 2 larger plants in a 3x3 would most likely require some training, but its not to hard bend them around and tie stuff down as you go along…

But either will work, I use 3, 5, and 7gal, really just depends honestly

I was told the start of veg was when the cotyledon leaves begin to yellow. If thats correct then it took 2 weeks for mine to yellow and begin vegging. Mine are white widow autos.

1 Like

Luckily he is pretty cool, he let me know that he knew though. I didn’t confirm but bet your ass I make his job easy :rofl:

Thanks again everyone for the advice. I think I will just do two 3 gallon fibers for now as a learning practice.
I also have the Vivosun hydro system kit with one 5 gallon pot coming. I will put that in my old phototron unit using a Vivosun 4" in line duct fan and filter for exhaust. Purchased the phototron years ago but ex wife rated me out and I had to hide it. I was a fireman and first responder at the time and friends with most cops and they said nothing. Going to put the hydro in there and have all the powdered nutrients coming from Ilgm. Willing to try different things and see what happens. Current wife loves what I am doing thank Heaven!

2 Likes

I have a clothes dryer that runs at 1200w so for a small grow they won’t notice

2 Likes

Hell I have 1 tent and 2 rooms. Well 1 room now as I shut the spare bathroom down for wife’s sake. Lol. But I run 3x 260xls 1x scorpion diablo 4x uva bars 3 blurples 1 dehuey like 10 fans heater during night or day of chilly in house and more little but my bill only shot up about 150 a month. Before the hlg lights I was at almost 280 a month. Upgraded lights and cut a 100 off the bill fast

4 Likes

Welcome to the community :grin:
You are correct in you may want more light in the future but you will get some nugs from what you got i believe…
What light do you have now?
Most “kits” I see online tends to come with about half what it should for actually flowering plants.
But if ya want, shows us what you’re working with :grin:

I can get on board with this, I definitely do not disagree with it.
However I dont fully agree either when talking about autoflowers. I’m not 100% sure, (I’ve never really paid attention) but, I’m fairly sure, theres still been round seed leafs on some of mine that have started flowering :thinking: I’ll go through pictures when I get home today. I am curious now myself…

That is a solid plan Gunner. Biting off too much starting out makes many quit. After a couple rounds you will be sighted in and experiment time.

2 Likes

Thanks @1HappyPappy i basically worked up around an LED that was given to me, its a 100w with a dimmer, mostly white leds with a few red ones, this is my first grow with it

2 Likes

I don’t want to scare you, but sometimes autoflowers can get pretty large. From what I have seen, keeping the environmental factors in check (temp, humidity and light hrs) can really help the plant make it to 4-6 weeks old before they start to flower. I personally grew 5 amnesia haze autos from ILGM and they all were about 2-3 feet tall. I low stress trained all of them as they grew and was able to yield 2-6 oz each. Then I grew 2 white widow with a neighbor and they we’re pretty darn big for her 4x4 tent with no training at all. Final yield for the widows were 8.3 oz and 11.25 oz. A lot can be made of small spaces with good lights and knowledge.

3 Likes

Nothin scary about that!

2 Likes