LED LIGHTING for Autos

@dbrn32…where can I find info on DIY LED grow light kits…I’m an electrician and should have no problem with building lights…I just wanna make sure of the correct output and spectrum…THANKS

Kits would probably have to come from Horticulture lighting group, growerslights, or rapid led. If you dont mind sourcing all of the components separately, there’s a bunch of places you can use

1 Like

What was that site? Ledgardener.com? He had the basics. U get a base education then come back with measurements and how many plants u plan on growing.

Click diy guides. Very laymans

5 Likes

I watch this guy alot. I love his videos and his straightforwardness.

2 Likes

@imSICKkid…hey brother…thanks for the link…I haven’t seen it yet due to some changes at work but…looking foward to watching asap…

1 Like

@imSICKkid @dbrn32 @PurpNGold74…Hey guys…still tryin to get back to my project but work has been hell this week…I appreciate all the input…I will be back…ASAP…THANKS AGAIN FOR THE HELP AND SUPPORT…

2 Likes

It be like that sometimes. And Swamp Thing is the man btw :joy:

2 Likes

So are you saying that these people selling theses LED lights are mirepresenting the output of their products 10 to 15 fold? I have read that the actually draw may be like 60% of “rated” power, but never 6%. I have a little trouble believing that.

The “1000” watt Amazon LED I bought was only 200 watts true draw. Dig around here and you will read about the “burple” lights and how crappy they are. @dbrn32 can take you to lighting school, and is far superior than I at teaching/explaining.

1 Like

True story…

1 Like

Man, you guys are some of the best proponents of outdoor growing that I have ever come across even you don’t realize it! :grinning:

1 Like

Haha they all grow inside. Just promote kick butt DIY LEDs!

You won’t catch me putting my money outside for the bugs to eat. Lmao I have a tent and I’m god in there.

1 Like

Watts aren’t really output, just power consumption. But ya, lots of tall stories on what inexpensive lights should do

1 Like

And some people are cool with rocking 10 of them in one tent lol everyone has their own thing

1 Like

I saw a video of a guy who was getting 99 grams of auto flower blue something or other from a 100 watt Cree COB light. Guess that thing actually has 100 watts!! Anyone have ny experience with those?

1 Like

Dbrn is the house light guru. He can help you with any light questions you have.