LED LIGHTING for Autos

I have many LED lights…they are 6000k color. Will I need any other types for indoor autos ? THANKS

2 Likes

That spectrum of light, 6000k, is more blue leaning light which makes it more for the veg stage. For flower you are going to want something like a 3000k or 3500k which leans more toward the red spectrum, which promotes flowering. And that goes for autos or photos or any weed plant

2 Likes

What LED lights do you have?

1 Like

I have several types…I have 8’ tubes that replace fluorescent lamps…I have 4’ with magnetic strips and several that are outdoor floods…thanks for the input…I will search for 8’ tubes at 3000 to 35000
THANKS AGAIN

1 Like

I also read…using a colored cellophane with a red tint over existing lamps would work also…is this true ?

2 Likes

Let me have the light god come and help explain the red film to imitate a certain spectrum

(SHOUTING AS LOUD AS I CAN)… @dbrn32

4 Likes

Thanks…for the help

1 Like

It will filter the light, but it will also block a lot. Your best bet would be get into something with higher efficacy in a more proper light spectrum, then you can mix some of the LEDs you have with it.

2 Likes

@dbrn32…suggestions ???

How big is your grow space, and how many of which fixtures do you have?

1 Like

@dbrn32…my grow space is 8’×8’…after doing some research we will be looking for a few full spectrum lights…I would appreciate any help you can give…I will also incorporate a few of my 6000k LEDs during the veg stage if you think that will help…Thanks

2 Likes

What is your budget on lighting?

2 Likes

@imSICKkid…I dont really have a budget for lighting but will get whatever needed to get up and running…I’ve been looking at some 2000watt full spectrum LED lights…just wanna make sure I’m ready when my seeds arrive.

1 Like

What lights are they?

1 Like

Lol dbrn licking his chops

3 Likes

@imSICKkid

Please dont buy that if you seriously dont have a budget. Wait for dbrn, and make some time to chat with him before you pull the trigger.

Just a friendly fyi, that light is nowhere near 2000w of light. They like to advertise the watts by multiplying the number of diodes by their max rating so it looks appealing. But in all reality, that light probably emits ~150 watts of actual light.

I’m also learning about lighting and all the numbers. But Dbrn can spot numbers to you and explain things far more superior than I can. He is at work now I’m sure but he’s on every evening to help people with lighting. You will be glad if you pull back the reigns a little and listen to him before buying a big light up paper weight

5 Likes

I do have a budget of sorts…I just want to get started correctly even if it means buying my supplies in increments…I work just like everyone else but…will pull funds together as needed but…looking foward to hearing from dbrn…thanks for the advice @imSICKkid

2 Likes

Sick has u on the right path.

The old saying ‘measure twice, cut once’

Spend it smart the first time. Then u can expand. Wait for the lighting guru and dont be intimidated by the numbers. Take it slow and ull be just fine

4 Likes

8’x8’ going to require a lot of light to use whole space well. You would probably want something like 8 of those bestva fixtures, and still would be marginal.

You would probably want to treat a space that size as four 4x4 areas. Building DIY light for a 4x4 usually starts around $600.

1 Like