LED Lighting Choices-too many

Although I have made the leap and have 2 hlg 550’s on the way . I have used the viparspectra 900 watt. Light and I can’t complain about the results @Pmr

5 Likes

Wow! Thanks everyone! I appreciate the input and have ordered the 260 r spec kit from Growerslights. Unfortunately they’re out of stock at Growers Lights as well. I’ll keep looking. Is there anything that’s not overkill that would be appropriate? Do these lights typically restock quickly?

I couldn’t post anything for 24 hours, I’m sorry it took me so long to post this.

That’s a great looking plant, which Mars light is that?

@Pmr I also run a mars hydro mine is a TSL-2000. Compared to the burple lights its ton brighter and easier on the eyes when in the tent during lights on. Also much cooler operation overall as I’m not having to get the AC going like I did the last few years.

A recent purple haze. I never got around to weighing but was 8 64oz jars packed full.

I do plan on switching to a diy light in the near future, but for a packaged light the TS lights seem OK.

2 Likes

It looks like I’ve got a few new choices based on reading the information here and bouncing around the interwebs.

Hlg 260 V2 rspec sounds great but the timeline might not work as I’ve got about 10 days until needed. Short time frame because I expected to use the Viparspectra light I referenced earlier.

Mars Hydro TSL 2000 Sounds great and price is right. Spectrum is different and it sounds like heat could be an issue.

SF 2000 sounds great too and has more similar spectrum to the HLG unit.

Any advice is super helpful to me right now so please all with experience or input chime in

Google The Indoor Gardener in Parma Ohio. I think he has some in stock. Prices are great too.

His website sucks. You’ll have to call him to order.

3 Likes

Ordered from The Indoor Gardener. Terrific guy there! Super friendly and very good price.

2 Likes

My HLG 300 V2 Rspec light showed up today. I ordered the 260 but it was out of stock so The Indoor Gardener hooked me up with a great price on 300. It arrived today, packed very well and looking awfully pretty!

I cannot say enough good about my experience with The Indoor Gardener.

6 Likes

I have 4 Viparspectra lights collecting dust. They are noisy, get very dirty from fans drawing in dust, and they increased the temps in my grows by close to 20 deg. Over my mars hydro lights. I dont have any experience with hlg, but i love my mars hydro, but i doe have a friend that swears by hlg.

1 Like

@Pmr I have recently got the same light due to my 260 getting lost in mail.
It is an excellent light and performs so great. Super sticky ultra dank dense buds…worth every penny. I want 3 more lol

2 Likes

Took advantage of the advice here and made a call to the indoor gardener. Great experience and price! Enjoyed speaking with the owner and getting some solid advice on what I needed. Ordered the HLG 300L rspec instead of the 260 - needed a bit more flowering coverage. Plan to order from there again! Can’t wait to get it! Thanks everyone!

5 Likes

Nice looking set up! I have hlg 260 and 300 Rspec, both dimmed to about 60% in a 4x4 tent with a 350 cfm inline fan. What do you do to keep yours cool? I’m running right around 80 degrees fahrenheit - id like to turn the lights up to get more light, but the heat will go too high. Have the lights 18” above the month old babies. 2 desk fans blowing on babies on the floor and 2 clip on pointing down from top at the drivers. Thanks!!!

2 Likes

Up until recently I had the light set higher above the canopy than that. But I guess you’ve got the dimmer set lower. I welcome anyone to correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe that by using the dimmer you’re creating resistance which is making them hot. I’ve got a 300 and a 260 and neither gets so hot that my fan doesn’t get rid of hot air.

I think Rauss your light height and run at higher wattage. Please correct me if I’m giving bad advise.

Thanks @Keetz, I’m using a AC Infinity T6 - a 6 inch exhaust fan on top of the tent, sucking the warm tent air out through a carbon filter, and exhausting out of a window using a AC exhaust kit. My tent runs at 77F during lights on with exhaust running at about half speed.

I don’t agree with that (neither does my thermometer), my HLG’s run hotter the more watts I have them set to, they are cooler when dimmed.

1 Like

My fan is similar to both of yours as well @Hellraiser @Keetz and my temps are around 82 during the day at full power.

Interesting. I’m glad you corrected me then.

1 Like

I see you went for the high cfm bars - seems like a solid choice for hanging clip fans etc! I’m tempted to get them for my gg tent. I have a 6” terra bloom fan and filter, looking at getting an 8” ac infinity and 8” terrabloom filter. Good to hear I’m not far above normal temps where I’m at now. Will prob try using the 6” as an induction fan to pump more cool air in. Was looking at a 10”, but think 1065 cfm may be over doing it for a 4x4x8 tent.

Is the light quality just as good for the plants at dimmed settings? I’m obviously new here lol.

Huge thanks everyone!!!

2 Likes

Yes on the high cfm bars, got 2 sets, think I’m going to order 1 more set. 10 inch fan seems like overkill, 8 inch should do it nicely I would think. Light spectrum does not change much dimmed, so should be fine.

1 Like

Thank you sir! I kept seeing people say dim the lights, so figured I should check!

Amazon just sold out of the 8” ac infinity lol… may have to check some online stores.

Thanks again, love how quick this community is to help each other!

1 Like