LED Light Suggestions

If you want to buy a light that will work best and may be a little bit more money but you’ll never need another light again you’ll just have to change bulbs

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06WVFZZHF/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_opjIBbXCEYQ7T

4 Likes

I have the 630 on a light mover and wow :open_mouth:

2 Likes

I have the 600. Not worth it. Spend your dollars at hlg or rapid led or timberlighting. There’s a video comparing that exact light vs a 65watt hlg panel.

1 Like

Well heres my set up.

It is
36in(3ft) TALL
21in(1.75ft) WIDE
21in(1.75ft) DEEP

Little small but I have gone through a whole grow with just this box and my CFLs. Lol

Another question I had, would it be worth it to set up the LED panel in there? Or set up a little grow operation here…lol

This is
39in(3.25ft) TALL
37in(3ft) WIDE
And only like a foot and a quarter deep. I’ve got some other ideas but lemme know what y’all think. Lol

1 Like

Looking st the diy opportunity there is almost giving me a stiffy!

2 Likes

$70-80 for everything in there. Lol I love my box. Just gets a little toasty in there sometimes. Plus my cat. Lol if I had an actual tent it’d probably be a lot easier. But this works. Lol @dbrn32

Oh I dig it, but was actually talking about a light for it.

1 Like

Oooooooh a DIY for a light fixture. Yeah. Mine is just a piece of wood with holes cut out for the sockets. I have 4 holes and 4 splitters for a total 8 23w(184w total to the wall) CFLs.

Like I can’t even shut the box all the way or it reaches 85-90 degrees lol

8 23 watt cfl’s. Funny you say that. You can buy this light for $100 all day long when it’s in stock.

Will do just about anything that’s in same price range will do. It will just do it with half the power.

3 Likes

You maybe need to work on a light proof intake?

1 Like

Light proof intake? Lol. No idea what that’s is.

I’ve got a big fan on tip blowing OUT. I have a fan blowing on the soil and plant and I have a fan blowing directly on the cfls. And it’s still 77 degrees in there’s lol

1 Like

And the downside to that quantum board is it’s only 65ws though. I could get more watts and more actual watts for the same money. If not cheaper. Now I know maybe it’s quality over quantity but like damn…lol

I used 23 watt CFLs on my DIY starter box until someone suggested 14 watt LED light bulbs with the dome cut off. It cut the heat down dramatically for me and the light is much more intense. You could do the same with your homemade fixture. You can get an 8 pack of the 14 watt lights for around $30 on Amazon. They are great for younger plants.

Look back at those par levels in pic. You see the difference between 65 watts of one of the most efficient leds available vs 184 watts of cfl? That should tell you everything you need to know about a “watt” as it applies to lighting. The only thing it tells you is how much power you’re consuming.

3 Likes

I’ve got a eb bridgelux diy light that draws 104watts, it blows my Chinese blurples with almost 2x the wattage away.
Watts dont equal watts

1 Like

You know…I’ve been thinking about getting some LED bulbs but I could never compare them to CFLs. Like what watt is comparable to a 23w CFL. I can find 2 packs of 16w LED tube bulbs for like $20 at stores. But if I got 2 16w LEDs, how many 23w CFLs does that conpair too? You know. I’m still learning, excuse my ignorance. Haha
These 23w CFLs aren’t bad. They got me through a whole grow. Day lights for veg and warms for flower. And I say, it looked nice. They turned out nice. But super airy. It was like 70 grams wet and dried to 20grams. That’s also including those big a$$ stems. Lol take a look at my first harvest.

2 Likes

Better lighting will give better density.
Trust the sage advise of @dbrn32 he’s “enlightened” a lot of us.

2 Likes

Another reason I got away from CFLs. Airy buds. My first grow was all CFL until week 6 of flower. I had 14oz of airy buds.

2 Likes