LED Light Suggestions

Hi! Today I’m finally able to get an LED panel for my setup. My birthday is the 5th so my fiancé is buying my a light. ANY suggest on an affordable light set up? I was looking at the ViperVespra 300w, it’s going for $83 right now.
But I came across ones like these too

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B074MBV5GF/ref=sspa_mw_detail_0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I dunno what I should pick. Please please let’s me know what you guys think I should get!. $70-$90 range.

Like this one too. Lol 1000w

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00MCHOHS0/ref=sspa_mw_detail_4?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Check out the quantum boards at horticulture lighting group. They’re vastly superior to the amazon blurples.

3 Likes

But will they match my price zone? @Drinkslinger

Is your budget sub$100 or a little more?

1 Like

@psychEDM Neither of those lights are exactly what they say, how many watts do they pull at wall? The light you choose should be based on grow size, height limitations ,ability to exhaust the heat and expectations of yield. IMHO a few small ones are probably better for yield but maybe more expensive to operate, I am on my second grow with 3 Vipar Spectra 600 at 267 actual Watts apiece in 14 sqft. , grows well but heat can be issue even with AC and exhaust. Then there are COBS, QBS, strips,T5 and so on

They are out of 132s but still had some 120s an hour ago…

@Holmes I’m growing out of a 45gal tote. So maybe 2.5 ft tall. 2 foot deep. I was planning on taking it out and just putting it in my closed and not using any box or reflectors to save on heat issues. But I might try and keep it in the tote.

@Holmes one plant at a time. Personal use. So would a 300w ViperVespra be sufficient for one or maybe even 2 plants?

not sure but that light is only what 130 watts at wall ,these lights I ran 40w sqft. in veg. and 65 in flower and it turned pretty good. I am not an expert indoor grower by any means but it is working.
Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA
Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?
System type?
PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?
What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS
Indoor or Outdoor
Light system, size?
Temps; Day, Night
Humidity; Day, Night
Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
Co2; Yes, No
If you can, upload a picture of your plant. It helps the diagnosis, if needed.
Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you

This is a grow ticket, fill it out. gives more to go on. Some of our girls can get big and they need more of everything.

It really just depends on how big you try to make those plants. You arent going to be able to get a very good LED grow light for a budget around 100$. It might work for a plant or two like you said, in maybe 4sqft. But much more than that and you will be exceeding the lights abilities.

Maybe look into HID lighting with such a low budget, you get more bang for your buck.

1 Like

I agree with @Aolelon. For around $100 you won’t get much from hlg. Just the 65w, which is pretty small for a decent sized plant. I built a comparable light to their 100w qb for about $110. It pulls 104w at the wall and would be great for a 2’x2’ grow. There’s a thread here (search for building a light with bridgelux eb strips).
As far as amazon blurple lights I feel they don’t give as good light penetration and operate relatively inefficiently. They’re more suited to a small Scrog style grow.
I have a meheizi 450, a growstar 100w/cree, and 2 roleadro 2nd gen 400w cobs. I feel the roleadro is the best of the above, but wish I’d invested in better lights from the get go. I also feel the 100w DIY light strip light is better than any of them.
If you plant to continue to grow cannabis don’t skimp on your lights.

5 Likes

What they said. Look into HID. Or push for $110-$125 and come on down the rabbit hole… do u mind a lil DIY? :joy::joy:

1 Like

I think I’m set on the ViperVespra 300w. It pushes the most actual Watts conpaired to other 300ws and seems to be perfect for a single plant grow in my 2.5ft by 2.5ft grow area.

1 Like

Perfect, according to their marketing literature.
I suppose you can always get it and upgrade later.

1 Like

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078XHHVKZ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_kWiIBbND9AQQG

2 Likes

@psychEDM 84 bucks and it’s not blurple and it’s a great light it will get you start to finish hope this helps

2 Likes

Thanks hog! Will be buying this maybe tonight if I can convince my fiancé. Haha

@Hogmaster and this is good for veg and bloom?

Absolutely Another one of our moderators has them and absolutely loves them @Countryboyjvd1971

1 Like