Led light, seedlings

Morning, i recently brought a small led for my seedling tent ’ replacing my t5’ they germinated very quickly, sprouted and now seem to have come to an almost stand still whilst still maintaining a nice green colour. My question is how much light should they be getting and does height really cause issues on a unit that you can run a light on 15% or 100%.

@imSICKkid do you have much knowledge on this man? i use cmh so this is my first led.

@kedavra I start my seedling with 50% with led fullspectrum but you can use 100% I do with another seedling cuz I have another plant on my tent with 3weeks old so if you want used 100% or 50% not lest

1 Like

@kedavra and if I was you I center all the plant to the light cuz I see space on the center of the light

1 Like

i know i have done something wrong, i mean they are healthy just long, tall and not what im use to looking at.

i moved them around just cleaning some things in the tent. They are center again now. only 3 have seedlings the others are just in their still as i can be lazy.

@kedavra yes they look healty

Happy growing bro

1 Like

cheers man, thank you very much.

@kedavra

The question of right height/brightness comes up all the time. There is a very simple solution these days. A free or inexpensive app for your phone. They have been shown to give accurate readings. I have an iPhone and use an app called Photone.

Use the PPFD reading from the app. For seedlings you want 200-300 PPFD, once they veg you are looking for between 400-700 PPFD and in flower, 600-800 is ideal.

2 Likes

Man, cheers heaps for this. Im going too look at the apps right now

In other words 24",18"12" light distance lmao

They look like they’re stretching to much so I would lower it a few inches

2 Likes

Cheers heaps man, cant lower that one as it is strapped to the roof. Ill work something out and bring the pots up. I use to just have my t5 sitting on them basically but wasnt sure with the LED