Led light opinions

That was the exact description from HLG website. It was on sale\clearance. Scratch n dent. Cosmetic. Check it out when u get a chance and let me know what ya think. Thanks. @MattyBear , @dbrn32

2 Likes

Look like a typo in the hlg site. There is intermixed 288 and 324 notations

1 Like

Do we know which one they meant? I’m assuming 288, because 301b and 3500k color temp. That’s what had me scratching head about the 324 annotation.

1 Like

Most likely 324. It is listed at 135w v2 scratch and dent kit. In the link it mostly references 324, but there are a few 288 references peppered on it.

@Sixpackdad, @dbrn32
I’ll find out today and let y’all know. I got it in the mail yesterday.

I got a scratch and dent. The dent was unbelievable tiny. You’ll be happy with this purchase.

What is better 288 or 324? Is the difference that noticeable to the plants?

1 Like

I believe they are both V2 chips. I think the only difference may be the number of chips 288 vs 324, and the voltage and current difference as a result. @dbrn32 May know more.

1 Like

I had to go looking last night. Apparently they released 324 board in 3500k using lm301b leds. Originally that board was only available in a mixture of different cct.

The 324 may be superior board now, unfortunately they don’t list voltage and current data to know. As opposed to the 288 data is so readily available I practically have it memorized.

1 Like

I got this one. It says it’s a scratch n dent, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. Looks perfect.

4 Likes

Sweet! A lot of times the heatsink will get a fine bent in shipping or something. Your gain lol.

1 Like

@dbrn32. It’s in a 2x2x4. Do suggest I start up hi and dim it a lil at first and then increase brightness and bring it down a little bit at a time? Thanks

2 Likes

Yup, exactly what I would do.

1 Like

i would leave the driver set and just raise the light,
i have 2 of my 135w QB’s turned down to 120w each, but these stay there and not being adjusted.

my other 135w is left at the factory setting of 135 watts,
it is the veg/momma/clone/seedling light,
clones r under a shelf to get minimal light, young plants start out low and get raised as they get big.!
no clones in this pic, but, obviously, they’d be on the heat mat under the door shelf of veg plants.

3 Likes

I am here to apologize for being rude to you guys earlier in this thread especially dbrn32 and SlowOldGuy. And whoever it was i told to KMA in a now deleted post. I was wrong about my inadequate chinese LED lights and instead of being a ahole i should have taken your advice in the supportive spirit it ws given. Again I am sorry. Deleted.
P.S. I did return the second blurple I ordered because after I hooked up my first HLG 260 I saw the difference and ordered another 260 instead.

6 Likes

Welcome back. Best of luck in your grows!

are you stuck on LED’s or are you open to hps? That’s what I am looking into… Here is what I found so far…

I just received my new light-- Mars Hydro SP 250, here is the link: https://www.mars-hydro.com/hpcall/new-arrivel-hp/buy-mars-sp-200-led-grow-lights-for-for-sale
I used the coupon code ‘joy’to save 10% cost, I always use this coupon to order lights and tents on their official website lol
I will be starting my grow with the Mars SP 250 soon, my first impressions are very positive ! and
the plant I got in pictures is flowering under the new light

I really love Mars SP 250!!! it’s bright and looks very nice. Meanwell driver, no noise. :heart_eyes:

It seems like mars is targeting our forum to sell lights.

@garrigan62

Anybody else notice?

1 Like