Led light opinions

Yes, but considering the budget, Reflector 192 is the best choice for him.
If @ BigRed1 has more money, more powerful light would be better.

1 Like

Been using bestva 1000 (2of them)in 4x4 and plants seem to love them
120$ max per light.pull about 180 from wall

2 Likes

these will cover a 2x4 area for flower, 2 will cover a 4x4, the regular 260w is a little cheaper.
https://growerslights.com/collections/horticulture-lighting-group/products/horticulture-lighting-group-260-watt-xl-quantum-board-led-kit?variant=8194482765925

these cover 2 x 2 in flower, 4 will cover a 4x4, u can get one of these now and expand with another one later when u save up some more.!
https://growerslights.com/collections/horticulture-lighting-group/products/horticulture-lighting-group-135-watt-quantum-board-led-kit?variant=8194288910437

2 Likes

I have a 1000w Yehsence led in a 3x4 room and seems very bright. Not really equal to 1000w but it was only $108. on Amazon. It has both veg and flower switches, cooling fans and so far it has surpassed my expectations. For that price I will be ordering another one soon.

1 Like

cheap LED’s r not good and good LED’s r not cheap.

don’t waste your money, save up and spend $200 on a QB kit.!
twice the price but u will be 3 times happier in the long run.!!
then u will be saving up to replace the cheap LED.!

2 Likes

1000 watts: HAH!
That’s really a 180 watt lamp. Enough for 3.6 square feet. Probably okay for a 2x2 foot tent.
If it really was equivalent to a 1000 watt HPS bulb, it would serve 20 square feet!

They claim it can light a 12.25 square foot area well, and that it’s “more efficient than MH/HPS”. To do that it would have to be about 3.4 times as efficient as HPS. HPS runs about 133 lumens per watt. The very best LEDs run about 180 lumens per watt. or 1.35 times times better than HPS. In other words, pretty much everything in their ad is a lie.

BUT: Even so, 180 watts for $108 is a pretty good deal. It will use more electricity than a good LED, but it certainly is cheap.

1 Like

i knew that it was a 180 watt lamp going in. Stated as much on Amazon ad. Plants seem to be thriving. my grow room is 3’x4’ and when required i will add another and still be $$$$ ahead. not to mention the capability to run only one lamp when plants are small.

1 Like

plants are thriving so far so i must have a good LED.
Sometimes just because something is more expensive doesnt necessarily mean its better. Not familiar with QBproducts.

2 Likes

u will eventually need 4 of those LED’s to fill that 3x4 with light for flower.!

this is also possible with COB, QB, and QB 96’s.

your light can grow and finish plants, but there r MUCH better options now.!

sometimes.??? i disagree,
never is it better because it is more expensive.!
for example… QB’s r relatively cheap compared to some other quality LED’s.!
QB and COB require less light per sq ft also,
an HLG 135w QB will cover the same space as your 180W Amazon LED.

Sorry BigRed1, not trying to spam your thread, don’t wanna see James get stuck with okay lighting when a few dollars more could get him a rocking fixture.!

2 Likes

i dont see it your way at all. no way will 4 of my yehsence lights be required. it will be way too bright and hurt the plant. look at what tommyboy in the previous post accomplished with 2 led’s in the same size area as mine. i ordered another yehsence lamp today. and i did look at qb and was not impressed. more money and i have to assemble it. nope.
as you say my light can grow and finish plants so what else is there?

i have done this before with metal halide back in the 90’s and i know this little LED light is not equal to 1000w but i would venture to say that is real close to my old 400w MH in intensity. 2 yehsence 1000w lights should absolutely kick butt in my 3x4 room. maybe you should check out amazon and read some of the reviews of the various mfg of LED lights. almost all positive.

You can grow plants with less light and they will flower. But you would get denser buds and much higher yield with about 50 watts per square foot of those lights. That delivers about 80000 lumens, and full sun is about 120000. That 80000 never hurts any strain, and most sativas can take 120000 without damage.

I never said it was a bad light, just that their ad contains a lot of misinformation. I’m sure you can grow terrific weed with enough of them.

3 Likes

That’s not true.

He has a plant about halfway through flower. It’s not a great pic to tell, but there’s no noticeable bud stacking happening there, which is first indicator of poor light density.

You didn’t look very hard. They offer half a dozen products ready to hang up and plug in. You can also purchase all of their kit products assembled and tested prior to shipping. The opportunity to assemble yourself is just an added feature for cost savings. The bigger comparison that you seem to be missing, is third party integrated sphere data.

It’s not. This looks to be equivalent to a 200 watt t5 fixture. That’s why integrated sphere testing is important. These companies won’t provide that data because the inadequacy would be clear as day and nobody would by there products. Instead they give you single point sensor reading that’s misleading. Even at that, those numbers aren’t that impressive.

5 Likes

i will let you guys know how my plants tirn out in March or so. and maybe we can all learn from my experiment. if the lights turn out to be unsuitable i will certainly let you know. but for now my choice is made…the lights are nice and bright, plants went from seed to healthy seedling in 7 days, look healthy and i am pleased. btw in the 1990s i paid over $400 for my 400w mh and it worked great in this same space. i had huge tight buds. so if as you state my LED’s are only equiv. to 200w apiece i am in for 1/2 of what i paid in 1990’s. 2x108 for current yehsence equip. and the current lights are way nicer with the built in fans and more efficient LED design. thanks over and out.

I just posted the manufacturer data, and according to that, it’s similar to a 200 watt t5 fluorescent fixture.

That statement is really a contradiction, and is probably what the others were pointing out to you. Electrical efficiency is amount of work done per energy consumed. In horticulture lighting this is shown as umol per joule or amount of photosynthetically active radiation per watt per second. When your leds need a fan it’s called active cooling. The reason they need active cooling is because of the poor performance of the leds themselves. Something like 70-75% of energy being consumed at wall is going towards heat loss, and the heatsink is too small to dissipate all of the waste by itself. So the manufacturer installs fans to cover the cooling inadequacy of the heatsink and poor performing leds. On top of that, you also have to account for the power the fans consume that isn’t putting out any light, which is another hit in efficiency.

In the grand scheme of things, I don’t care what you grow with. I just wanted to straighten out the amount of inaccurate information so it doesn’t get passed further along. All of the information I posted easily verified in basic electrical theory and professionally conducted light science studies. So there’s no reason to conduct any experiments on my behalf.

9 Likes

Ok wonderful. In the grand scheme of things the plants are growing nicely and quite frankly I don’t give a shit about all of your technical bullshit.

Perfect! So original poster can weigh your feelings against the scientifically verifiable data I posted. Then make an informed decision on what kind of light will be best for his/her goals.

8 Likes

there is nothing i can say to help, sorry man, i tried,
good luck with your Amazon-bud grow.!

do me a favor,
in 2-4 yrs when u trash the cheap china made lights and go with top notch LED’s give this old guy a shout so i can personally congratulate u.!!

BigRed1, sorry again sir, i will not carry this on any further.!! promise.!

2 Likes

Wow man, you’re pretty amped up.
People here offer opinions and help, all of them with the best of intentions.

There are many who’ve taken advice from @dbrn32 , myself included, and no one, I repeat no one, has regretted it.

Take the tone down a notch. It’s a friendly forum. :+1:

6 Likes

Hmmm :thinking: I think @Deleted should be DELETED. We are all here to learn and converse on growing subjects and also give or take ADVICE.
I am a fairly new member here, few months or so and all I can say is YOU sir…are the 1st A** HOLE I have seen on here.
@dbrn32 has helped countless people with light suggestions and every single person has been more than happy with QB’s. Enjoy your little blurple experiment thats been done by many on here and learned the hard way, your way @Deleted
Later DICK :joy::joy::rofl:
AMAZON REVEIWS :rofl::rofl::joy:

7 Likes

10 days before flip. First time grower showing his CherryPie girl looking for some love, feedback or hate even…

4 Likes