LED Light Advice Might Be Nice

Hi there, new to this community and growing in general. I have my tent set up and I’m just a little concerned about my lighting choice. I chose a “[VIPARSPECTRA Dimmable 3000W LED Grow Light, with with Bloom and Veg Dimmer, Dual Chips Full Spectrum LED Grow Lamp for Hydroponic Indoor Plants Veg and Flower(10W LEDs 300Pcs” , link https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0876YB2DY?ref_=cm_sw_r_cp_ud_dp_5XT4H7362TATY27DRN6K. I got two for the price of one brand new, its the main reason I bought them. I have a 4x4 grow tent and am going with a DWC set up in 5 gal buckets. So my main question is, will one light be adequate for my tent or do i need both or should i just try and get new lights.

Much Appreciated, 
           JayK
2 Likes

Those are old tech led lights but each one drawls 650w so run one during veg and use both during flower if you can control the heat

1 Like

Welcome to your new happy place :blush:
How many plants you starting? :thinking:

2 Likes

I got two seeds germinating as we speak. Wanted to start small and kinda get the hang of things.

1 Like

You should be good with 2 plants. Have fun. if you want to get ahead of the game, you could fill this support ticket out in case you or others need some info to help you out.

1 Like

I had that model and it was a bit noisy. Have anyone tried these bar-styled light with no fans?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083JVXHF6/ref=emc_b_5_i

1 Like

So no on that one, but I do have the newer viparspec xs1500. And have good results for starting my plants. It dose a lil on the hot side tho. The newer models have the Samsung dios and meanwell driver

1 Like

Yeah, Viparspectra used to be popular for beginner. with their latest models, they are commited to provide latest features and quality components.
I found a really good that compares all series of viparspectra Viparspectra Review 2022: Are these LED Grow Lights Worth buying?
was worth a look.

1 Like

Hello everyone!

We’ve just published an article about the best LED lighting for growing marijuana.

There are many factors that influence the decision to buy LED lights for growing cannabis. If you’re interested in learning more about the best grow lights for cannabis usage, please check out the link above!

Just got a vivosun 100w led panel from Amazon for $89.

My Honest opinion are those are short term E-Waste. In a 4X4 you would get very good bang for the buck with an SE5000 from spider farmer. Great for beginners as well as for when you get some grows behind you.