LED leaf burn question

Hi guys, im sorry i couldn’t take pictures but ill try to see if it happens again and will take some pics…

The question is :
Could a very weak LED (108w Phlizon 600), placed at around 12" from the canopy do any damage?
What happened is that last night, at the beginning of the lights on, i saw some “sugar” on the smaller leaves around a couple buds, the one who showed more of that is by itself under the Phlizon 600, but this morning, at the end of lights on, i took a quick look at them before darkness, and i think most of the “sugar” seemed to be gone…
Im thinking that maybe the lights dissolved something or something like that…
Im a bit medicated, so it could be just a bit of paranoia😁

Id definitely try to keep her in that 20-24 inch range. A foot sounds dangerously close. But lemme get the light doc for ya @dbrn32 ur services are slightly needed (as usual :joy::joy:)

2 Likes

According to the manual, at 12 inches is around 520 umol, in the center, so i thought it should be all right

1 Like

Also on the manual is the ‘perfect height’. Those lights arent uber efficient and put off some good heat. Like put ur hand at the canopy (top leaves) if u feel warmth, its probably too close. I know u want to maximize intensity. But not at the expense of cooking her

2 Likes

It may have been that light intensity was just increased too quickly. I would raise it and leave for few days. If things are looking good after that lower a couple inches. Repeat that process until you get to desired height

3 Likes

If trichomes go from clear to cloudy, the “sparkle” disappears FYI. Could your plant be close to ready?

I run LED’s and have had them 3" from the canopy and they are pretty high efficacy lights. No issues.

1 Like

Thanks @dbrn32, that’s probably it as i lowered and rearranged the lights and the plants just 2 days ago, but tonight I’ll raise them to minimum recommended distance again, as i have all 3 lights a couple inches lower than minimum recommended and see what happens

2 Likes

Im less than 3 weeks into flower, so it’s probably the lights being a bit closer than comfortable

3 Likes