LED for a short tent: any specific brand more favorable close to canopy?

Hello all. Looking to try my first indoor grow but have limited space so I’m stuck with a 63 inch high ac infinty tent

I’m going to try and mount the filer and exhaust fan vertically on the floor of the tent to some save space but either way I’m going to be height restricted.

So in addition to heavy LST and branch tie down was wondering if there is one brand of light that hypothetically works better than the other closer to the canopy. In other words allows for closer canopy place,ent. My gut says the boards are probably similar, but was wondering if say a ChilLed bar light or green sky 180 would dobetter in close quarters ?

The tent is 3 x 20” by 62” height . Obviously I’ll need a dimmable model.

Other thoughts are the

sonofarm 2000 (I use the 1000 for starting my outdoors and plants love it)

Grow light science 200

Rerubished Hlg 300r

I want to stay away from SP and MH or Aliba …

Thanks in advance

1 Like

If heat management is a problem, be sure to get a product with high efficiency diodes. Lesser efficient diodes put off more heat. Samsung LM301 series diodes would be the best choice.

1 Like

You won’t want you’re exhausting on the floor fresh air comes in down low old air goes out up high with the heat I would definitely say HLG , I’ve read a lot of good things on the growth light science lites they look pretty good

1 Like

Thanks all for the replies thus far appreciate it.
Less concerned with heat as opposed to leafy burn….eg getting that balance between maximum light v height and leaf damage

1 Like

Check out ChilLED Tech lighting. They specifically sell LEDs designed to run cool. I think @HappyHydroGrower has run a couple plants under them and they were beautiful.

Cooler operations = closer to the canopy without stressing them out. A quality light will be dimmable (HLG, Chilled) so you don’t cause light burn via intensity of light, and heat mitigation will do the same.

3 Likes

One way tou can have Ur filter ,keep ur filter inside the tent at the top and u have ur fan outside of the tent u sit ur fan on top of ur tent

HLG Diablo boards. They can run closer to canopy then most other lights and require less head space.

4 Likes

Can hook the fan and filter outside the tent to keep the inside space available. Google search tent setups with fans and filters installed outside the tents. U’ll get some ideas there to visualize ur area better.

3 Likes

Marks got you there too… get everything else outside of the tent. LED driver… fan… filter… buys a bunch of room and controls heat

2 Likes

I do like my ChilLed lights. The light has enough cord provided with it to be able to hang the driver outside the tent.

I’m like others here, I ran my fan and filter outside of my 63” tent when I had one.

If you do a scrog, along with proper growing techniques, you won’t need to do all of that.

It’ll all come in time. Good luck! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply…Sadie you mean if I run a scrog and train correctly I can mount both inside the tent and keep the plant low?

1 Like

I mean, learning different techniques to make the most out of the space you have, will help maximize your grow.

Some plants, (photos) will grow short and bushy whereas others may grow a little more leggy. Most I’ve seen can be controlled with good lights and techniques. “Don’t do as I do, Do s I say”…lol No expert here but am a working progress.

Scrogging can be a challenge for newer growers but with a little patience, it will pay off big time. You may even find it rather easy.

Growing this ILGM WW reg. seed, she remained as a low growing plant.

But, then one grows a SD and doesn’t stay on top of training and then she will force you to make room in the tent…lol

If we can help let us know. :+1: :v: :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Don’t do either one when it comes to me :laughing:

5 Likes

Good call on the Diablo. Maybe the new 200w one for a 20x36 tent ?

1 Like

With your limited space, keep the fan and filter outside of the tent. I have a shorter tent that I do this with. It works great. I just have the filter on the floor outside the tent and the fan right on top of it. The flexible duct work runs right to the top of the tent and is sucking air right where my light is. It keeps it really cool.

1 Like

Th aka all for the replies…will try and get spouse approval to put exhaust and filter outside of the tent….

2 Likes

1 Like