LED Buying Question

Hi All. I am looking at putting a new grow tent together. Previously i used CFL lights and wasn’t impressed with the results. I am looking into LED this time around and looking for advise. My grow tent is 2.5x3ft. i am open to other options from LED. My price range is about $500 for lights. Power consumption, heat, isn’t really a factor I’m located in Canada so it’s very liberal. Essentially looking for best yield lighting for $500. i was thinking of 3 separate lights, for sides and top coverage just don’t know where to start. Amazon has so many cheap lights i don’t want to end up with a knock off.

1 Like

@dbrn32 should be able to get you squared away on a light and welcome to ilgm

4 Likes

I just bought a 3500k- 320 watt 288 v2 r-spec xl qb from hlg and man its second to none ! Under 500$ too cant beat it .

4 Likes

I think I have same

Looks like that one is close to $700 in Canada before shipping.

With your tent size I would build one specific for it.

1 Like

Here is one I just did for my tent.

4 Likes

How that’s great. I may need to copy!

1 Like

Try horticulturelightinggroup.com

3500k will do veg and flower

2 Likes

Thats the same 1 i recommended lol . Seems to be a popular choice of the some of the growers on here !

1 Like

1 Like

Excuse my language but this my friend is 1 badass light right here. And its very simple to put together , from unboxing to outting it togerher and plugging it into the wall only takes about 15-20 minutes and there is a video that shows you step by step directions !

2 Likes

You may be better off assembling a fixture buying components from digikey.ca. A qb 260 kit would be great in that size tent, but they hit you guys pretty hard crossing the imaginary line. Plus you could get a little more of a custom fit light to your space.

4 Likes

It’s not about the components it’s about the diodes really. Hlg and Samsung have really joined forces. Samsung give them the top bin lm301b diodes where if you get from a second hand place you may get the diodes that we’re going to be trash.

I’ll pay for piece of mind knowing that the boards I’m running are the best that can be for my girls.

Now as far as heatsink/ drivers and cords are concerned you can get those anywhere. Really tho isn’t it just easier to one stop shop and know it’s all going to work.

2x4 use one hlg 260w v2 3500 spectrum

Dim as much as possible using the dimming option on top of the driver for new plants, then increase that over the next 2 weeks until they can take it

All my boards have the Samsung diodes. I have the 320 xl as well. Very nice light don’t get me wrong but I love the fact I can customize my own build EXACTLY the way I want it. And my DIY is about 10 pounds lighter lol.

2 Likes

One of my QB’s drop a 1/2 row, born to lose.

What do you mean? The diodes are not lighting up?

the diodes, each little light itself that goes into the pcb board itself. There’s different levels of bins top to bottom to trash

Yes all mine are Samsung from the 320 to the DIY builds.