LED Best Model for Growtent Soil

Let me ask, I have been looking at both, the mars lights have more red in their spectral analysis than the vipar… Is that an issue when flowering occur?

1 Like

I dont think its a big enough difference to matter i ran my 600’s for a year and loved them but i dont have reflector model
Now the R900 viparspecta and V300 they run cooler loving that my tent stays at 74.5 all the time with lights on and i believe the viparspecta is newer tech but i could be wrong

every since i did the change more frost on them trees lol
Looking good right??

6 Likes

looking great :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Great looking plants, wow that’s pretty awesome stuff, proof is in the pudding!

1 Like

@Zombo I myself even have the cheap Chinese LED but if I had the money to spend now over again I would go with the platinum 300 that you were talking about originally advanced LEDs are absolutely amazing their warranty is impeccable to none in there lights put off more wattage in there 300 series than the mars 300 or 600 series same with my lights which are meizhi led don’t get me wrong I love them and I’ve grown some huge flowers but if you have the money I’d go with your first choice @yoshi has done hours and hours and hours of research he is the LED man that I trust

HI @Zombo
yeah im also looking at the viparspectra 900w or even the 1200w after comments from yoshi!
havnt got as far as comparing different light spectrums between brand so cant help you there!

Meizhi led here in the last year have came out with some really good lights also in there just about the same price as Mars if not a little cheaper great customer service I’ve been very happy with mine that I would throw that out there so you can check them out to

1 Like

@Hogmaster. @man10101…thx for the responses folks, I have ordered the viparspectra 900 watt model… I’m brand spanking new to this and felt that was middle of the road price wise… Did seriously consider the p300 but thought I’d get more wattage with this model for a little less$… Seems like @yoshi liked them from what I remember

1 Like

@man10101, @Brian091180… After seeing Briana pics and his comments, I went w/ the viparspectra 900, thx, now if I can only get my seeds

2 Likes

@Brian091180, correction I meant Brian’s pics, dang auto correct

1 Like

You’ll love that light

@Brian091180, I am looking forward to setting everything up… Still gonna be a while, need more stuff yet

1 Like

I’m sorry @Zombo I was at work but I’m a big fan of Led if you growing in a tent smaller than 6x6x8 , now if you growing in more open space in think using both is best. Now I learn that Meizhi and Viparspectra lights actually work great not buy specs but from seeing @Hogmaster and @Brian091180 and few other guys lights do awesome yields with same as Mars hydro and other top name brands. I run Advance XTE models in my lil tent but I have not actually experience those brands except advance product. But I don’t think you made a bad choice in your selection cause all in all you make work with what you can afford? But some Led panels you still have to vent on full power :battery: cause they are very intense diodes in some models. But Viparspectra has redesign they lights and they work and very cost efficient for the average novice cultivator, we cannot wait to see your success :trophy::muscle: plus you have a better range of control with a veg switch option and a bloom switch option and the option of running them on full power.

2 Likes

@yoshi, thx for feedback, I think vipar led is gonna be fine

1 Like

Not to go off topic, but can you make your own filter for say 6" ducting to control odor, home made scrubber and what do people typically do?

Anything you can do you self (DIY) is always excepted if your DIY is cheaper than just purchasing it. But sometimes the tool to make it cost more than buying the product already designed. But it’s a lot of handy work I can do but I don’t cause of the tools required and I have no use of the tools once I’m done.

Hi @Zombo!

yeah ive just decided to go with the viparspectra 900
Now just got to decide on either just one 900 w or two 450 w for better coverage?!?
decisions decisions!!!

1 Like

@man10101… Great, my unit arrived yesterday… I bought the 900watt unit, still need a bunch of other items before I can begin…packaging was good, arrived in 2 days…but haven’t ran it yet. Looks like cool piece of equipment.

Check out this bohemiant of a light!!!

1 Like