LED and tents for marijuana

A question from a fellow grower:

How do u feel about LED s and I’m looking for a good light for a tent 240by120by200 cm going hydro with it thinking of using a 6 bucket bubble boy or a 26 PVC stand what do u think

I like LEDs a lot. Just be sure your LEDs specs match your grow area. I’m not sure what a bubble boy is, but if you mean 6 deep water culture buckets, it sounds good and I think that would fit in your space nicely. DWC, as long as you keep the reservoir temps under control and keep your ph and nutrients balanced, you will get amazing outstanding growth. I don’t have any familiarity with a 26 PVC stand, sorry.

Personally I would use 2 300w full spec LED lights I reckon that will work very well for that amount of space

How much does that cost; Brendan?

I purchased 3 of them for $450 aud so $150aud each on Ebay a little bit expensive at first but because they put out alot less heat I don’t have to have aircon going flat out because of that and the fact they use alot less power my electricity bill was cut by almost half

I HAVE A 4 BUCKET SETUP WITH A 440 LED SOLARSTORM BY CALIFORINA LIGHTWORKS. IT IS THE SAME AS A 600W HPS BUT 1/2 THE POWER USEAGE. IT STAYS COOL. I RUN 2 FANS AND TAPED INTO A AC DUCK TO BLOW ON THE PLANTS AND I DIDNOT HAVE TO TURN DOWN THE AC. IT IS SET ON 78 TO 76 IN THE HOUSE AND RANGER FROM 76 TO 80 IN A GORILLA GROWTENT THAT IS 48’ BY48’ GY 81" HIGH. I LOVE MY SETUP. THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I HAVE GROWN INSIDE. BIG DIFFARANCE THAN OUT SIDE GROWING. YOU GOT TO CHECK IT ONCE A DAY. A MORE EXPERANCED GROWER CAN GO LONGER. THE TENT IS GREAT AN THE LIGHT IS GREAT. I AM NOTBIG ON THE BUCKETS BUT I PUT A LOT OF WORK MAKING THEM FROM HOME DEPOT 150$ SET THAT I SPENT ALMOST A MO. WORKING ON THEM AND I STILL HAVE PROBLEMS NOW AN THEN. ALL AND ALL I AM HAPPY WITH IT.
SAM SMITH

Sorry I just read your post properly I have a habit of skim reading your grow tent is 1 meter longer than mine another 440w solar storm LED should be sufficient. I had a grow tent that was 2.5m by 1.5m by 2m I had 2 600w lumatech hid’s with cooltubes and 2 6" exhausts and a recirculated system with 4 30litre pots I liked that setup I grew some monster plants with it, but I had to down size to a grow tent 1.2m by 1.2 m by 2m I got 2 300w full spectrum LED lights and a 6" exhaust with only 2 pots it works better than I thought it was going too as I was sceptical about LED lighting but have to say I am somewhat impressed I am gonna buy 2 180w UFO LED"s for side lighting

Hi Guys , Just Joined Im KiltyK

Ok LED Lights I am having no fun with at all

I am getting strange markings on seed leaves and also on mature plants , I am getting lower yeild even tho i have more lighting as compared to my old sodiums

Also I am now getting a bad Black fly problems

Any ideas fellas

Andy

kiltyK

Black fly problems? You mean fungus (soil) gnats?

Let’s get you started with a support ticket, answer all the relevant questions and we might be able to get an idea of what is going on.

ILGM Support Tickett

What is the strain?
Indoor or Outdoor?
Size of space?
Soil or Hydro? Medium used?
PH?
Type of nutrients used? NPK? PPM levels?
Temperature?
Humidity %?
Light system/watts?
Vegetative Growth season or Bloom/Flower season? Number “weeks/days” from start of veg growth or into flowering?

How do I go about getting support ticket

that is it above^^

Answer any relevant questions from above. If you are having fungus gnats you are probably over watering and that can also be the cause of spots on your leaves. Other things can be contributing to nutrient lockout/deficiencies or toxicities/nutrient burn, this is why knowing the PH and or nutrient concentrations are important as well as if the soil is too wet for too long and or too often which usually contributes to fungus gnats, root damage and nutrient deficiencies.