LED 1000 watt good for veg and bloom switches

From a fellow grower: Question about led lights 1000 watt is this a sufficient light for flower has veg and bloom switches, grows veg stage very well with white widow,during flower buds are thin not as dense,and full as I was hoping ,wondering if I’m on the right track,any suggestion would be highly appreciated

1 Like

Depends on what light they have , i have 3 platinum p600 that has both switches and i have had several sucessfull runs with them, just changing with the times is reason i dont use anymore. Also depends how many plants they have under said 1000 watt

Thanks @ILGM.Claire You are definitely lacking in light I use a cmh ceramic metal halide 630w Which is equivalent to 1000 W most of the LEDs that you buy that say they’re 1000 W you will be lucky if they’re 150 to 200 W being pulled from the wall you should join us and we will be more than happy to help you with your situation

3 Likes

My Viparspectra PAR600 pulled about 275 watts my HLG 260xl Rspec pulls upto 285 watts. So I’m a 4x4 tent and 2 kits of the HLG. I could actually put two more QB 288’s in but st some point there is to much lighting and will hurt the plants.

I was just reading a really great article that covers this subject:

It’s a longer read but pretty comprehensive and worth the read. May help your reader out!

My light is a giixer 1000 watt led with veg and bloom switch,works wonderful on veg , basically not anything during flower I’ve thought, hps but can’t justify the power bill increase ,or the heat

@Tinpound that’s really only 110 watts not 1000

Thanks Hogmaster

Welcome @Tinpound. Hope all is well with the grow

What watt hps or mh light would you recommend in 3×3x6 tall tent 4 girls 3 gallon pots

Thanks again

Is 1 2k watt Vanderbilt a good choice on Led light system I forgot how many led lights are on it I’d have to check but I would be using the 1 2k led for my 3x3 grow tent. I can get a better statistics on putting 2 or 3 plants scrog net in a 3x3 tent correct if I defoiliate and prune?