LED 1000 watt good for veg and bloom switches

From a fellow grower: Question about led lights 1000 watt is this a sufficient light for flower has veg and bloom switches, grows veg stage very well with white widow,during flower buds are thin not as dense,and full as I was hoping ,wondering if I’m on the right track,any suggestion would be highly appreciated

1 Like

Depends on what light they have , i have 3 platinum p600 that has both switches and i have had several sucessfull runs with them, just changing with the times is reason i dont use anymore. Also depends how many plants they have under said 1000 watt

Thanks @ILGM.Claire You are definitely lacking in light I use a cmh ceramic metal halide 630w Which is equivalent to 1000 W most of the LEDs that you buy that say they’re 1000 W you will be lucky if they’re 150 to 200 W being pulled from the wall you should join us and we will be more than happy to help you with your situation

3 Likes

My Viparspectra PAR600 pulled about 275 watts my HLG 260xl Rspec pulls upto 285 watts. So I’m a 4x4 tent and 2 kits of the HLG. I could actually put two more QB 288’s in but st some point there is to much lighting and will hurt the plants.

I was just reading a really great article that covers this subject:

It’s a longer read but pretty comprehensive and worth the read. May help your reader out!

My light is a giixer 1000 watt led with veg and bloom switch,works wonderful on veg , basically not anything during flower I’ve thought, hps but can’t justify the power bill increase ,or the heat

@Tinpound that’s really only 110 watts not 1000

Thanks Hogmaster

Welcome @Tinpound. Hope all is well with the grow

What watt hps or mh light would you recommend in 3×3x6 tall tent 4 girls 3 gallon pots

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071JLYY3J/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_FomYDbJTA4QR1

Thanks again

Is 1 2k watt Vanderbilt a good choice on Led light system I forgot how many led lights are on it I’d have to check but I would be using the 1 2k led for my 3x3 grow tent. I can get a better statistics on putting 2 or 3 plants scrog net in a 3x3 tent correct if I defoiliate and prune?

Are you plugging your light into a 15 amp 120v outlet? The best you’re gonna get is 1800 watts. That part is what makes me upset about those crappy light companies. They are false advertising, misleading the consumer by making impossible claims. Then they dont take into consideration heat loss, or even useful spectrum. No par map info, or they exagerate!
I hate to say it but to get a decent fixture its gonna be an investment. And it seems you either pay in electricity or you pay for a reasonable quality LED upfront. Not blurple or cheapo full spectrum… quantum boards / self assembled or a reasonable quality pre made fixture.

1 Like

It plugs into a regular plug in. Is Vivosun trust worthy on wattage for Led lights? The Vander company gave me statistics and par levels on a piece of paper but I dont know if it’s a load of bullcrap cause my 1000 watt light out performs the Led light. I had gotten it for 100$ on Amazon. I’m really debating if I should just not use the Vander Led light and find one better or just use it for Autos in smaller tent.

@Cannabian this plant in this picture was under LED light about 2 weeks ago

Now this is picture of same plant under 1000 watt light. I had taken this picture today so the same plants have been under LED light for 2 weeks and the same time under 1000 watt light. The plant under 1000 watt that was under LED light is the one closest to my foot in picture. it’s a big difference in growth I honestly think I got ripped off.

Thats the issue. It pays to do the research. Im very sorry you got took on that light. However, it doesnt have as much punch obviously, and will likely be a good light for seedlings?

1 Like

Yeah it sucks but it honestly performs really good early veg stage like around 1-4 weeks but other than that I don’t think it’s not really good light. That Led light is really good for seedlings they thrive under it. I dont know yet how it will do in flowering stage though haven’t tested that far. The instruction book it says it has a flower switch I looked all around for it and it doesn’t exist on the led light.

Sounds like they cleaned your clock. If you ever decide to get a new light, look at the HLG ones. You do pay for what you get and it’s like having the sun in the tent.

2 Likes

Hey @MrPeat I have a Jawa Kush growing in my food room, and since I got a bunch of free Johaal seeds I figured Id see if one would pop? Well almost 10 days later… whoop dare it is! I soaked it in a shot glass for 1 day and saw nothin’, finger poked it and sure enough it sunk, so I figured the water is at least saturating it so after 2 days, still nuthin’. 2 days is long enough under water so i grabbed a small Tupperware half sandwich size and a metal container to put it in do light doesnt bug it, a paper towel and poured the seed and water into it folded the paper towel over and drained off the excess water. There she sat for a check once a day for the next 8 days. Low and behold a tail is now starting. Thats about the longest Ive paper toweled and still had success.

1 Like