Leaves yellow/red

I grow in coco, but fox farms makes good soil for growing herb, and they have lots of options for living soils and organics. @kaptain3d @Hoppiefrog @MrPeat @Covertgrower can you guys recommend a good soil, or mixes, layers ect.

2 Likes

It’s a hilarious story my roommate found a seed one day and thought it would be funny to throw it in his girlfriends flower pot then like 2 weeks later it actually sprouted so we decided to raise it

4 Likes

I have only used FFOF.

2 Likes

@Killerdwag I had an excellent experience with a combination of Nature’s Living Soil and FFOF. NLS goes at the bottom 1/3 of the pot and the rest is filled with FFOF. Do NOT use on young plants. This was my final medium that I used once she outgrew her 3 gallon pot. I’m sure you could use it well before that, but I would make sure the plant is at least a few weeks after breaking the surface before transplanting to this mix. It is a pretty hot mix but advertises itself as a “water only, from seed to harvest” product.

2 Likes

Great, is it the NLS or the FFOF that I need to keep away from a young plant, or both?

I only use FFOF soil. :+1:

2 Likes

I was thinking about buying some “flower fuel” it has a npk ratio of 0-39-25. Is this a smart move or just a waste of money?

The problem with MG is the time release nutrients. Every time you water, your plant gets a huge blast of nutes. Adding anything may cause issues.

1 Like

Alright appreciate the input. Im just concerned because I feel like the buds stopped developing. Would you mind loking at the pictures? my plant is just over 4 weeks into flowering and still just has those really long white hairs

All things considered, she looks okay. As far as I know, all you can really do at today point is ride it out. If she starts showing specific deficiencies you can address those, but you’re more likely to have burning.

2 Likes

@Killerdwag Both for real young ones, but NLS will only be available once the roots get to it, which will be as a mid-late vegging plant.

What is ffof soil

@Dreamer Fox Farms Ocean Forest. Popular so people abbreviate it.

1 Like

I used that on my plants last winter in my tent, and followed the schedule. My girls loved it!!!